Heavy/painful periods, surgical procedure NOVASURE

I am 35 and have had three kids. I have had painful, heavy periods since starting at age 12. After having a breech baby, I ended up with a stage one bladder prolapse. Because of my heavy periods and the prolapse, my doc suggested surgery for the prolapse and a possible hysterectomy when I am closer to the age of 40. He felt I was still to young for a hysterectomy. Anyway, I recently read about a surgical outpatient procedure called NOVASURE that can kill the inside linning of the uterus causing a women to have very light periods or none at all. This procedure can only be done if your done having kids. I AM JUST WONDERING IF ANY OTHER WOMEN OUT THERE HAS HAD HEAVY/PAINFUL PERIODS AND IF THEY HAD THIS PROCEDURE DONE TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM. I have tried the nuvaring, and the pill to combat this problem, to no avail. Any thoughts or advice on this issue would greatly be appreciated! GOD BLESS!
I have no clue. I just didn't want you to think that we are ignoring you. I know sometimes it can seem like that but many of us just don't post a reply if we don't know about the topic.
Mandi
Hi I don't know why your doctor,want go a head and do the hysterectomy.I was 31 years old when I had mine.There are women way younger than me that have had hysterectomy.As for the Novasure,this is the first time I have heard of it.What you need is a second opinion.Your bladder needs to be proped back up,but it all so sounds like you could use a hysterectomy.I am not a doctor.I am only giving you advice.Take care of your self.TNT406
I'm having a hta (hydro thermablator) done Wed. I believe it is similar to the novasure.  I'm having done for heavy periods.  I'll let you know how it goes.
I have been having periods that are causing be to become anemic to the point of risking heart failure (so my doctors says anyway).  Personally I don't want to go through a hysterectomy if I don't have to. I simply can't afford the down time of 5-6 weeks recovery, so I'm having Novasure done on Tuesday.  My doctor seems to think this will work out well for me and I won’t have to go through the other side affects of a hysterectomy.  I hear it’s about 96% effective.

I'll let you know how it goes....
Hello,I am  37 years old.  I have had four pregnacies.  My first two pregnacies were miscarriages, my third was a stillborn, and my last was a beautiful baby girl.  My daughter is now 6 1/2 years old.  She is my pride and joy.  I went for my annual exam with a new OB/GYN physician.  She obtained all of my medical history along with my family history.  Then she introduced me to the surgical procedure called Novasure.  I found myself wanting to know more about the procedure.  I felt that I was a good candidate for the simple reason of reaching the pre-menopausal stage, heavy bleeding, and experiencing anemia.  I felt as if I was exhausted all the time.  Even when, I got eight hours of sleep or more, I looked as if I was ran over by a semi-truck.  I asked my doctor for the specific name and I researched it on the internet for myself, because the brochure that was in the office, just did not state specific information to lead me to a definite decision to whether or not I wanted the procedure or not.  I made a decision and decided to go for the Novasure Procedure.  I had the procedure done yesterday as an out-patient procedure.  I feel as though having the procedure was right for me because, I feel better because the procedure was done yesterday and I am feeling up to going to work on Monday.  If I were to have had a hysterectomy, then the recovery time would have been greater.  If I had it to do over again , I would.  I am a single parent  and I have both of my parents with cancer and they need me, so I felt better choosing the Novasure Surgical Procedure, because it is modern technology at it finest.

Rhonda
Houma, LA
HI........I HAD PAINFUL, PROLONGED PERIODS SINCE EARLY TEENS.  HAD ONE DOC MIS-DIAGNOSE MY ABDOMINAL PAIN AND SWOLLEN OVARY AS A "LARGE" OVARIAN CYST AND OPENED ME UP,CLOSED ME AND SAID "OOPS".  BUT ANYWAY.....I ENDED UP WITH 3 BOYS, FULLY GROWN NOW AND I DID OK UNTIL I WAS IN MY MID 30'S WHEN THE PERIODS BECAME LONG AND STRONG.  MY OB GUY SUGGESTED A HYSTERECTOMY BUT MY COUSIN WHO WAS A DR SAID THAT WAS RIDICULOUS.  WRONG....I WAITED UNTIL I WAS 50, SUFERED (WHY?) AND WAITED UNTIL IT DEVELOPED INTO ENDOMETRIOSIS... BECAUSE IT WASN'T COMMON PRACTICE.  MAYBE MY OB GUY WAS AHEAD OF HIS TIME BUT I WISH I HAD LISTENED TO HIM.  INSTEAD OF A PARTIAL HYSTERECTOMY I HAD TO HAVE A TOTAL ONE, AS AN EMERGENCY AND HAD SOME MINOR COMPLICATIONS BESIDES.  IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO HAVE ANY MORE CHIDREN, ARE SUFFERING WITH PROLONGED PERIODS AND PAIN, WHY NOT HAVE THE SURGERY DONE UNLESS YOU HAVE EXTENUATING RISK FACTORS.  I REALLY WISH I HAD.  I SPENT AN ADDITIONAL 15 YEARS, MISEREABLE FOR 1+ WEEK A MONTH. I DON'T WANT TO "RAG" ON THE MOSTLY MALE, DR. POPULATION (NO PUN INTENDED)..  BUT I TOLD MY CLAN OF MEN WHEN I WAS "HORMONING AND THEY JOKED"  THAT I WOULD GIVE A LOT IF THEY COULD JUST ONCE HAVE CRAMPS......ETC.  I HOPE THIS HELPS.