Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.9k Members

Heavy periods

When I sit down too long and try to get up my blood flow comes out a lot and usually soaks my pants. Anything to help this problem?
6 Responses
Try using a bigger pad because if your period can't hold your flow and it is going all over your pants then your pad is probably too small.
get on pill may help if your not on it happened to me for many years or go see obgyn they can help
You could also try using a menstrual cup or tampon alone with a long pad just in case you're seriously nervous. They don't take your virginity and you can't feel them (when properly inserted).
Like another comment said, birth control can help with long or heavy periods. It has been prescribed by many doctors for those specific reasons.
24288 tn?1390176604
My period has done this many times, so I wear a tampon and a pad on my really heavy day.
I'd say your flow becomes heavier when you sit down, it happens 2 me too, especially on my heavier flow days. It's nothing 2 worry about, I would suggest just changing your pad more often, I like 2 change mine every 2 hours, I was wondering if you could answer my question??

Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.