Help

My sister is 24 years old. In highschool she struggled with belemia. A couple years ago she started to pee in cups and hide them in her closet. My parents moved her closer to the bathroom so she wouldn't be able to have anymore excuses about not using the bathroom. Years later she is still at it. I can't wrap my brain around why she does this. I am starting to worry if it's more physcological than I think it is. I have no idea what it could be. Anyone have any ideas as to why she does this? I'm concerned and she won't go to a doctor to talk about it.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi there.  Absolutely this is psychological if she is saving it.  Is she saving it?  
Hello. Yes she is. She puts it in her closet, and there are usually multiple cups stored.
Have you ever watched the movie about Howard Hughes starring Leonardo de Caprio?  (Just off the top of my head, I think it's called "The Aviator.")  If you and your sister could watch it together, it might open a conversation between the two of you about the peeing and saving, because that is one of the things Hughes did when he went a little bit around the bend later in his life, and it's shown in the film.  Do you think you could talk to her non-judgementally about it (if she would hold still to watch the movie?  It's actually a pretty good film overall.)  Hughes did have a mental disorder, I don't know which one, that ultimately made him a recluse because there was nobody to talk him into seeking help.   Possibly this would be a way that you could begin to approach talking to your sis.
COMMUNITY LEADER
there is a type of ocd/hoarding issue in which people have a compulsion to do this.  She really does need a psych evaluation.  I don't know how to get her to consent to that though.  :>((  Very tough spot for you.  I'll think about this and see if I can come up with anything you can say to get her to talk to someone.  
Thank you for that reccomendation I really appreciate it. I have not seen the movie but I will record it the next time it comes on the tv. Hopefully I will build up enough courage to have an actual conversation with her about it
She will put the cups in her closet but then empty them out. So is that still considered hoarding? Or is she just hiding them in there until she has a chance to empty them. Thank you for your responses I really appreciate it.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Do you think your parents could talk to her?  Does she still live at home?  It might be better to be a support to your parents dealing with this situation than to take it on yourself.  ??  Thoughts?
This response may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Yes, urge them to take her to a psychiatrist.  Truly, this is important.  Is she still bulimic?  (that you know of, bulimics are very secretive).  
I don't think so. She isn't as skinny as she was in highschool, but you never know