Hemorrhoids in Perineum

I am a 24 year old female who is to be married in 6 weeks. I recently have had a flare up of extremely painful hemorrhoids and even noticed swelling and large discomfort in the perineum area. I went and saw the proctologist and was told that the perineum area was  due to a level (right inside the skin) of an internal hemorrhoid... I also have external hemorrhoids too. I have had the external hemorrhoids before but never ever this painful. I have recently lost about 30 lbs and my diet is good (taking fiber supplements incase). I need help so bad with pain relief. It has only been a few days since the doctor visit but my pain is intense and continuous. I have had temporary relief from ice and prep h but nothing to dull the pain for a good amount of time. Some one help please I need relief.  
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Treatment for hemorrhoids would depend on the kind and severity of one’s symptoms.  If the hemorrhoids are still small and do not cause any problems, oral medications and an ointment applied on them would be helpful.  Having a high fiber diet and increasing water intake would also help.  However, if the hemorrhoids are already thrombosed which looks more likely in your case, resulting in bleeding, enlargement, pain, and difficulty in moving the bowels, surgical excision would be the best treatment.  In the meantime, you can do hot sitz bath by sitting on a shallow bucket with hot water three times a day.  The heat would help in relieving the discomfort and pain of the hemorrhoids.
I hope it helps. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.