How Long Do Antibiotics Delay Period?

I was prescribed cipro to treat my UTI a week before my expected period.  I usually feel symptoms a week before hand that my period is on its way.  This did not happen.  In fact, my period never came at all.  It is now a week late.  I started getting period cramps and bloating a few days ago, thinking it was on it's way.  Never happened.  Instead the cramps and bloating just seem to be getting worse by the day.  I am NEVER late.  And there is NOT a chance that I am pregnant.  The only possibility is the antibiotics.  I avoid antibiotics, because I am a real health fanatics, and I know how damaging they can be to our biological systems.  I know many women have experienced late periods from antibiotics.  I'm hoping that someone can tell me their experiences, and how long it took for their period to come.  
You should get your periods in a few days. However if the periods are delayed then get it evaluated from your doctor. Apart from pregnancy, there are many other reasons for a delayed period. The other causes are hormonal imbalance like in PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome), stress, obesity, malnutrition, anemia, hypothyroidism, illness, etc.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
I was taking homeopathic treatment for my painful manustrual cycle just after I completed my period. So overall i took a treatment for 1 month and now I missed my period. I am 6 days late. This is the first time ever since I am getting period (10 yrs) that I am late. My date is always fixed. I am never never never late. What could be the reason for it? Those homeopathic medicine can cause delay in period? I even took mensorine drops for getting period still it didn't come. Now I am tensed I hope I didn't make any mistake by taking this pain relief period treatment.
This is a reply to my original post:
I wanted to update you on my experience with the antibiotics.  I got my period 10 days late.  I have not taken any antibiotics since and I have been on time ever since my original post.  This leads me to believe that it was 100% the antibiotics.  I went to a naturopathic doctor, and he absolutely agreed that the antibiotics were the cause of the late period.  His and my advice to everyone: AVOID ANTIBIOTICS at all cost unless they are absolutely necessary.  In my case unfortunately antibiotics are the only treatment for a UTI at this time so I forced to take them.  Hope this helps some people.  
Can i ask you something can i be preggy we had sex 3 days before my period? Im 6days delayed but last week i take co amox for my uti. Am i preg or delayed because of antibiotics? Pls help me..
Thank you. I was prescribed antibiotics and the same day I started my period. I have taken antibiotics before but never had a delayed period, on or off antibiotics. The doctor said nothing about a change in period! I take responsibility for family planning but did not know these meds would change the whole equation. Thanks for the 10 day example! I'm 5 days late and will let you know.
Oh my gosh THANK YOU! I'm having this almost very same problem right now! I took sulfamethoxazole-tmp 2x a day for about 2 weeks for a staph infection under my arm that I caught very early. There is ZERO chance I'm pregnant, and am not nor ever have been on birth control. My period is now 9 days late and I am always right on time. I'm hoping mine shows up soon!
Update! I finally got it!!

I got my last periods on 26 April, 2014 and since then I am waiting for my next cycle, n haven't got it. Last month I suffered from a multiple hair boil ( baaltod ) and was on antibiotics for almost 15 days. Does that affect my periods, besides knowing that I am not pregnant. Please advise.