How can you regulate your menstrual cycle?

MY QUESTION IS, HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE VERY IRREGULAR MENSTRUAL CYCLES? I DIDN'T HAVE A PERIOD FOR ABOUT 3 MONTHS THEN I STARTED FOR ABOUT 5 DAYS AND NOW 2 MONTHS LATER I STARTED AND WENT 6 FULL DAYS. IS THERE ANYTHING WOMEN CAN DO ABOUT IRREGULAR MENSTRUAL CYCLES? MY DOCTOR HAS SUGGESTED BIRTH CONTROL BUT I'M WANTING TO GET PREGNANT. WOULD DEFEAT THE PURPOSE I THINK, I'M ALL OUT OF IDEAS.
your doc can prescribe provera for you to bring on your period once it is confirmed you aren't pregnant. other than that, I'm not sure.  but you are right, b/c pills would defeat the purpose if you are ttc.

best of luck and baby dust to you. :)

Stacie
It's important to find out why you have irregular periods.  Most often it is b/c you are not Oing for some reason.  This is not a quick fix, but I would suggest trying Vitex.  Vitex is an herb that has an excellent track record for regulating periods and increasing fertility.  You should also start BBT charting b/c this is an excellent way to confirm that you have Oed.  OPK's are less reliable b/c some women get the LH surge but still do not O.  You could still try them, but again, they will not confirm O, they will just detect the presence of LH.  If you go to the maternal forum there is a post called "Vitex" from last week.  Just scroll down b/c it's probably buried a bit by now.  Anyway, that should help answer some of your questions.  Best of luck to you.  Keep us posted onthings.
November 29th is the date of the Vitex post.
thank you for your help,
Please avoid sythentic hormones, they are very bad for you. Buy natural progesterone cream, use the reccomended dosage for mensturating women. It will regulate your period, and you need enough progesterone to be able to concieve anyway! I use this method, and it regulates my cycle!
I want to ask some help and suggestions,,
I am 19 years old and I never had sex,,Im still a virgin,,
I want to start to use a Ortho Evra Patch(birthcontrol),,I dont want to get pregnant when I have sex to my long time boyfriend,,
I have now one box of Patch,,I bought it to the pharmacy without Doctors Prescription,,
can I start to use the patch even I dont have my menstration this month?
my menstration is irregular,,but I want to start not the patch,,can I start it now even I dont have my period yet for this month??