How long did it take you to conceive after Mirena IUD removal?

Has anyone had the Mirena IUD and had it removed to ttc. I am just curious how long it took you to conceive after Mirena IUD removal?  How long until your menstrual cylces were regular? I got my IUD out on Aug 5th and am ttc. I have had lots of spotting and maybe a period but nothing regular.  I called my doc and they said that it takes 3 months before the hormones are out of your system. The mirena website makes it sound as though you can get pregnant anytime after removal.  Any advice/stories would be appreciated.  Thanks.
My doctor told me that you can get pregnant immediately after getting off Mirena but it may take a month or two for your uterine lining to build back up.  Since Mirena suppressed the lining from building up.
I had mine out Nov 7th, we waited one cycle for our own reasons, had a chemical pg at Christmas, got my last af on Jan 22nd and am now due Oct 28th : )

Andi
Congratulations! Did you get AF when IUD was in place? When did your get your first AF after IUD removal?  And did you have any spotting?
Hey missy, I've had the IUD in for about 3 1/2 months now. Although we have not taken it for a 'test drive'... still... um, I'm getting spontaneous spotting. Sometimes red and sometimes brown. I dont understand why I'm getting these strange spotting..
Sorry to origional poster, I didnt feel it was necessary to open another post. :-)
Jen
Hey - you're back! How's your little girl?? She must be getting big!
Some women will spot throughout the first year with it, but most will see that drop off and will see lighter periods as well. I was nursing for the first full year I had my IUD in, which helped contribute to not having an af. Once I weaned, my period returned, but was extremely light, literally a few days of spotting. When I got it removed, my cycle stayed the same.

Andi
Girl, take that thing for a test drive! I had sex 3 days after I got my IUD in and it's been a blessing except for the occassional spotting that makes me think its implantation bleeding. I recomend an IUD to everyone!
Yep, I'm back! Been super busy with my 4month old and school. :-) Shes doing wonderful. Getting so super big and such a pretty lil thing. Its funny, but she is very polite and well mannered for a little baby. She wakes up with little sweet sounds and is always smiling. :-)
And Andi, Congratulations. :-) YAY! any girls yet?
I got the IUD in fear of having another baby, but I actually have NO desire to have sex anymore...I think I'm just flat out unattracted to the boyfriend...
anyway. thanks. :-)
hi everyone i just got the iud put in about 3week ago and my period been on for 2 weeks now...do you know how long it will be on? if i go get it taken out will my period do right off?
Hi Umm I didnt do any research before geting the mirena iud... now  am scared because I see that a lot of women have not been able to conceive after the mirena IUD removal... pls help!!! I have had it for 18 months and after all the crazy stories, I am thinking of having it removed :(.  
Hi, Angie - there's nothing wrong with the Mirena for most women. I had mine for two years and took it out only because my BF and I are trying to have a baby. The Mirena was the best birth control I ever had in my life!  This is also true of several of my friends. You can technically conceive immediately after the removal, but it may take a little longer than that. Much less time than w/the pill, though. Hang in there.
I had my IUD removed in July 2007 and since then my body has not been the same. I noticed that I have a strong odor that smells like old blood and a clear jelly-like discharge whenever I wipe myself. This did not occur immediately after I got my IUD removed. This just started happening.  I went to the doctor ran ever test on me imaginable and they all came back negative. Is this normal? Is it normal my body to go throught this......Please advise.  Thank you!!