Women's Health Community
65.8k Members
Avatar universal

Hymen help

I have been trying to have penetrative sex for over 2 years now and I have not been able to go on for more then a minute because of pain.  My hymen is very pronounced and does not seem to stretch or break no matter what I do and it causes a great deal of pain. I was wondering if this is a real condition that I need to see a doctor for? I am willing to send a picture to someone who is knowledgeable about this topic. I don't plan on continuing to try to have sex but it is something that is bothering me so any help is greatly appreciated.
1 Responses
Avatar universal
I would go in to a gyno it sounds like it could be a real problem. And its been two years. Go get it checked out maybe they can cut it out or something like that?
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.