Avatar universal

I have an itchy rash on my upper vaginal area (mons pubis), what can it be from?

I have a very itchy rash on my upper vaginal area for months now. It cannot be an STD because it started when I was not sexually active at the time and I had been tested before that (all results were negative). It is one patch and feels very itchy with scaly, flaky skin. I have also been suffering from dry skin in general and dandruff on my scalp, not sure if this is all related. I have tried to gently exfoliate in the upper pubic area, use a thick moisturizer and hydrocortisone cream but the rash keeps coming back. Please help.
0 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.