A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.9k Members

I need serious help please!!

Hello, thank you for reading this,

I have had this problem for over a year. I am a teenager.
I don't know if it is to do with too much moisture or it is a fungal problem(I don't think so) .
My vagina get very, very itchy. I have tried to stop itching but I cannot. Always after itching my vagina is raw and very sore. It is sore to walk and very painful to urinate. I also get like little tears between the labium major a and the labium minor. These took several days to heal. When the sore itchy patches start to heal I am left with scabby, dry skin. Which isn't nice to look at.
Thank-you so much for looking at my question.  
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374246539
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
Red itchy vagina can be due to a number of causes. First of all it can be due to allergic reaction or contact dermatitis to your undergarments, sanitary napkins or tampons, soaps etc.There is no change in the colour or smell of discharge in this case.

Secondly, It can be due to STD’s like Chlamydia or thrush but in such cases change in discharge is often present.
The soreness can be due to chafing. Chafing occurs when the skin becomes irritated by the friction caused by rubbing – either against other skin or against a foreign material. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin.Also wear cotton undergarments. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a doctor.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.