I'm on the pill, but I had some brown discharge instead of a period?

I am 19, and this is my first month with the birth control lo loestrin fe. I am not sexually active in the sense I have not had sex yet, but my boyfriend and I have touched each other and done oral. During this month I've taken all my pills except during the 3rd week I forgot to take a pill one day, and despite taking it again when I remembered, I forgot to take he other on time too. So maybe that's what threw me off. But all I know is soon after I started having brown discharge. It was very heavy and consistent like a period and lasted a week. They're may have been blood but I couldn't tell. Now it's time for my period to start. Today is the day of the first brown pill, but I haven't started bleeding. Is this normal? Should I take the brown pill anyway? Was the brown discharge a period? Please help!

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community