Ingrown hair scarring on nipples

I get a lot of thick dark hairs around my nipple, many of them ingrown.  I usually try to pluck out as many as possible, but many of them are hard to get rid of.  I have caused lots of scarring around my areolas trying to get to the ingrowns.  Is there anything I can do to get rid of this scarring, and prevent all these ingrowns.  It's very embarassing, and at times I cry myself to sleep because I am so self-conscious about all the markings around my areolas.  I would appreciate any help.  Thank You.
Are you sure that it is scarring, because ingrown hairs in that area should heal really well. Could it be montgomery glands instead? Maybe shave the area and not have as many ingrown hairs as plucking? Best wishes to you.
if it turns out to be scars, try putting vitamin e on the scars.  also, don't be so self-conscious about it, it's actually a pretty common thing to have hair around your areola.  and since men will be men, i doubt that your husband/boyfriend/partner will even notice such a thing, and if he does, i doubt that he'll care all that much anyway.

hope your feeling better about the situation!

LS
i too have/am experiencing dark hairs growing around my nipples. i am 20 and this started when i was 18 or 19. at first there were only a couple, so i would pluck them, then i think i may have started plucking any hairs in that area that seemed darker or even noticeable. this was probably a bad idea i think because i think when those hairs grew back they grew back darker and thicker. and more noticeable. the only thing i've been doing is just plucking them whenever i see them, and i usually check everyday. i'm pretty self conscious about it actually. i'm afraid some guy will see one one day. it kinda sucks. i feel like the first ones started though shortly after getting a depovera birth control shot. maybe it's a hormone thing. sometimes when the hairs grow back they are slightly ingrown. or growing sideways under the skin, which i can usually see. this is the worst b/c i have to break the skin a little to get to the hair to pluck it. a couple times i had to use a sewing needle to get it. it almost always leaves a little scarring when this happens. not much but a little, it usually goes away in a couple days, but half the time by then anothers popped out. sometimes i can see a little black dot in one of the...pores? i guess, around the nipple. a couple times, i dont know why i tried it though, i can squeeze the area where the dot, which is the top of a hair, maybe? , where that is and it comes out almost like a black head or something. if the hair is already out though it doesnt work. i dont know if thats a good thing to be doing or not. anyway, you aren't alone. it's embarrasing and really annoying but it doesn't make you any less of a woman. sometimes i do it after getting out of the shower and drying off. seems to hurt less. good luck, and don't let it get you down. it could be worse.
Hey, I've got hair on my nipples too. I'm 29 now and even though I still don't like them, I've grown to be more comfortable with it. I was very self conscious about it growing up- for I couldn't find anything about girls with nipple hair. I actually had laser hair removal when I was 16, but it has all grown back which is unfortunate because it cost a lot! I still pluck when their long enough, but they do become ingrown and I end up having some scarring as well. My boyfriend never even noticed when we first got together, I couldn't believe it. It goes to show that men miss detail. It was a huge relief for me. Its natural though, we can't help it. I let it grow enough so I can pluck it, but it gets to an awkward stage when its just at the surface. you just have to wait a day or two to pluck.
i was just reading ur comment and absolutely everything that u do to fix the problem i do it also!!! it was so funny..like i was reading my own writing..anyways..im also 20 and pretty self-conscious about it...every day after taking a shower i check and pluck anything i see..when its ingrown i use a needle to slightly open the skin to let it out and sometimes when there just a dark spot i squeeze it  and it usually comes out...for me the problem is when it just wont come out when i squeeze it or when  its not long enough to pluck it out..i hate this! i usually squeeze it so hard that it turns red and i end up scaring myself...when im with my boyfriend i just turn off the lights and leave one small on...or when we take a shower i put my hair on top of my nipples to try and hide it...or kind of move so he wont notice….its really stupid i guess and ive been with him years but still..im embarrassed about it…so I just recommend u checking everyday to see if there r any hairs growing and plucking them out…or…u could just wait some days and when they r long enough u could wax them…
I was wondering…does anyone grow hairs from their nipples..like not just around them but also u can see hairs growing on the nipple? Cause I haven’t found any info on this. Any info can help thanks!
Hello... I've had this problem since I was a pre-teen. My younger sister and I have both been diagnosed with Poly-Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), which can cause hormonal imbalances and is a leading cause of fertility problems. We're pretty sure this is why we have a problem with in-grown hairs, and we're looking into Laser Hair Removal. As we've reached our late-20's we're also experiencing darker hair growth on our stomachs and faces, even though we both have fair complexions...
If you have irregular periods and intense menstrual cramping, along with excess hair growth, it might be worthwhile to ask your Dr. to test your hormone levels for PCOS.