Is having heavy bleeding with quarter size clots normal after Skyla IUD removal?

I got my IUD removed (Oct 16) and the next day I started spotting then on the 18th, I started bleeding heavily, then today the 19th, I am having even bigger clots, about the size of quarters, and every time I move or something I feel the blood coming out... I am having cramps in my lower abdominal area... is this normal? there was a chance I could have possibly been pregnant, before I got my IUD removed, my partner ejaculated in me, and I had the signs of pregnancy, but never took a test, and I get my IUD out, and this happens.... just want to know if this is normal??
COMMUNITY LEADER
I do think this can happen with IUD removal.  I would possibly take a pregnancy test just to rule it out but am guessing this is just the aftermath of the IUD removal.  Are you still getting the clots?  It has been a couple of days.  

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community