Is it Normal?

I'm 20, and while I do experience sexual desire from reading erotic literature, I feel nothing from watching anything sexual, or thinking of anything sexual. I have never had sex and I don't really find the thought of participating in it myself, to be interesting or stimulating. I've read dozens of different methods women use to pleasure themselves and find all of them lacking.

By that I mean, everyone suggested clitoral stimulation in some way or insertion. They do not work for me at all. In fact, I feel nothing.

My mom is worried and thinks it's bad that my clitoris is not sensitive. When my mom actually worries, it tends to get me worrying.

So is it normal that masturbation does not work on me at all? Is it normal for me to feel no sexual stimulation from it? Do I absolutely have to see a doctor over this?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Maybe you're asexual without knowing so? Asexuality means that you can't experience sexual pleasure. I don't know everything about it, but you could go to a doctor or search for it up on the internet
Helpful - 0
There are 2 types of Asexuality.

1: Those who experience no sexual pleasure at all and most likely are not interested.
2: Those who do not find any gender to be sexually stimulating.(Like looking into a filled fridge and finding nothing to satisfy your hunger despite the variety given.)

I am Pansexual. I am sexually attracted to people of all known non-binary genders and binary genders. Nor would I care what my partner's gender would be. My disinterest in sex in person has to do with my body and how I feel about myself.

On another note, known masturbation techniques are really useless on me. The most I get is a sort of pressure over the pubic bone with feels good but that's it. It's very annoying and time consuming and I'm too lazy to really put in the effort to keep it up. Clitoral stimulation just has no effect at all. Mine might be broken?
Helpful - 0
Go to your doctors, that's the best option
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.