Is it my period or removal bleeding from Mirena IUD removal?

Just had my second Mirena removed this past tuesday. Would’ve been due to come out in Aug of this year (2018) but due to some pain the dr went ahead and removed it. I hadn’t had a period in about 4 years with the iud. Had intercourse night before removal. A couple hours after removal I had pink spotting that lasted about 2 hours. Then 4 days later (yesterday) I started having bright red heavy bleeding and bad cramps, woke up this morning with light brown spotting and no cramps. I’m suppose to start OCP’s when I get my first period but I’m so confused. I don’t know if this is considered my period or just bleeding from removal, and is it possible I could’ve conceived having intercourse the night before it was removed. I just don’t know what to do

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community