Is it normal to have hiccups every night?

I'm 15 and for the past few months I've had hiccups for at least an hour before I go to sleep. I eat healthy, I'm in shape, I don't eat late or fast, and I'm not stressed. This has become very annoying and I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to stop it.
Hey! Not a doctor, but maybe it has to do with acid reflux? The acid can irritate while you're lying down and cause the hiccups.
Maybe for a few nights try elevating your head a bit and taking a Tums before bed. It's probably the least harsh over the counter med I can think of. And during that time, avoid eating a lot of fried or acid foods (tomato sauce can be killer!). Garlic and onions can also agitate mine.
Also, if you don't already, I'd cut out carbonated beverages, even sparkling water.
If that seems to help, you might want to talk to your doctor about more permanent solutions.
Good luck!

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community