Is it normal to have spotting every month after 10-12 days of end of my period?

For the past 6 months i have been spotting after 10-12 days of my normal period every month. Im usually regular on my period. I kept track of the date i have been spotting and it has been always around my ovulation period which has been predicted by an app. The spotting is usually stringy brown or sometimes red. The spotting can occur at one moment of the day, then nothing for the rest of the day. And the following day, spotting can occur again.  It usually last for 2-3 days. I am not sexually active and had never been on contraceptive pills.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hm.  Well, I wouldn't say that is normal but also not totally uncommon.  Some women get some break through bleeding around the ovulation time and it happens as the egg bursts through the follicle.   This also could be hormonal in nature.  Or another real possibility is cysts on the ovary.  Women have these and they are often harmless if they have a single one or an occasional one.  If they are chronic, PCOS is then an issue which is polycystic ovarian syndrome.  I have had a simple cyst before that passed on its own.  Most women will get one at one time or another.  I hate to bring this up but also HPV or issues with the cervix can cause mid cycle spotting.  So, overall, you need an evaluation by your doctor to fully understand what is going on here but most likely, this is not going to be very worrying for them (or you).