Is it safe to work in early pregnancy?

hi everyone i am 2 months pregnant and i am scared to go back to work as i work with elderly people and some of the which are really aggressive... i dont want anything to happen but the other way round i am not getting sick pay either... i need help i really dont know wat 2 do....
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi, have you spoke with your OBGYN about this?  Besides worrying about the elderly being aggressive, which I totally understand, have you had any complications so far?  Congratulations on your pregnancy :)
Helpful - 0
Yes it is safe to go back to work, however I would ask to have a job title switch and try doing something else or ask to not work with extremely aggressive patients.  I am sure your boss would understand that you are a bit concerned losing the baby over a fight with an elderly patient.  Also make sure that you sanitize and try to avoid getting sick.  Good Luck
Helpful - 0
Congratulations!   Also, if you work with the elderly please be aware of what medications you are handling for them. Some meds, such as those for chemotherapy are not safe for pregnant women even to touch. As in, you are not even supposed to touch the bottle. If you haven't all ready, let your supervisor know and request to be removed from the responsibility of handling certain medicines.
Helpful - 0
thx 4 ur comment no, i havent spoken to her yet, i think ill wait till ive got the midwive appnt.....and yeah i had a misscarriage before thats why iam scared lol
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.