Is spotting after periods normal?

About a few days after my period I usually have spotting, then it stops. Is this a sign of an STD?
Bleeding after periods, if it occurs just once or twice, and if the bleeding is very less during that time, is considered normal. Stress or any change in routine, might be the reason behind such an occurrence. An effective remedy for stress induced spotting, is to do yoga and meditation. Taking adequate rest and sleep might also help. If a particular contraceptive pill is causing spotting in the middle of the menstrual cycle, switching to some other contraceptive method or changing the pill can help the woman in getting rid of the spotting. more reasons... due to various reasons such as sexual intimacy. Another reason is anxiety and stress which a woman is experiencing.
If the woman is taking certain medicines or drugs, they can cause side effects such as spotting in between the cycle.  implantation bleeding. It may also occur during ovulation in a woman, i.e. between day ten and day nineteen of her menstrual cycle, which is considered quite normal.