Is that normal?

I’m having a light brown period with some cramping on upper stomach and back pain I had a tubal ligation 14yrs ago
COMMUNITY LEADER
I would guess that you are having hormonal spotting.  Brown color means old blood.  However, sometimes, although not common, women get pregnant after a tubal. Depending on the method, either the clips come loose or if the tubes were severed, the scar tissue can form in such a way that there is still a bit of a tube that sperm can get up into.  The percentage of pregnancies that do happen after tubal ligation being ectopic is very high so you should take a pregnancy test to rule out pregnant and if you are pregnant, get checked immediately.  Otherwise, guessing you are having spotting based on your hormones.  good luck