Itchy Clit and Pink to Brown Discharge

For the past three weeks, I have been having brown discharge I thought my period was starting but it didn't. I have an irregular period and it was really light. So the other day it had gotten heavy for one day. I had sex with my boyfriend and i thought it was my period because it was so heavy. The next morning there was no blood or discharge. The next day my discharge was gooey and pinkish brown and now my clitoris itches. I don't know what it could be but I'm nervous.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi there.  Well, it's always hard to say as this requires an examination by a doctor to know for sure but it sounds like a yeast infection.  There may be some irritation or remnants of a period or spotting and that is tinging the discharge the color you are seeing and its thick, because it is yeast and the itching is a classic sign.  If you've never been diagnosed with a yeast infection, doctors recommend being seen.  So, I wouldn't be concerned that it is something to worry about but because it is uncomfortable, get it taken care of.  good luck hon

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community