Call me typically paranoid after reading all the side effects and experiences people have had with the IUD but I can't help it. I got my Mirena put in 7 months after my third child a year ago in May. And I had all the typical bleeding for a few weeks and what not after insertion, dealt with weight gain, etc. But I didnt have a period. Every 3 months I was spotting very lightly for a day or two and that was it. I didn't have much for a sex drive or anything. Then about a month ago that changed. I went to the doctors because I started feeling tired and nauseated and they said my enzymes in my liver were up. I experienced some abdominal pain that felt like I was in labor but didn't test positive for pregnancy. Since,  I've been slowly losing weight my sex drive has increased extremely and I am now experiencing a just above regular period that I had before I got the IUD. Should I be concerned about anything?
I know exactly how you feel, i am due to have the mirena coil put in when i have a hsytereoscopy when i get a date, i am currently on marvelone and my sex drive has decreased. My periods are up and down and i can be on for about a month plus at a time. I have read so many negative comments that their other half can feel it and weight gain and makes periods worse. I am looking for a long term fix. Hope you get on ok, keep me posted