Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.9k Members
Call me typically paranoid after reading all the side effects and experiences people have had with the IUD but I can't help it. I got my Mirena put in 7 months after my third child a year ago in May. And I had all the typical bleeding for a few weeks and what not after insertion, dealt with weight gain, etc. But I didnt have a period. Every 3 months I was spotting very lightly for a day or two and that was it. I didn't have much for a sex drive or anything. Then about a month ago that changed. I went to the doctors because I started feeling tired and nauseated and they said my enzymes in my liver were up. I experienced some abdominal pain that felt like I was in labor but didn't test positive for pregnancy. Since,  I've been slowly losing weight my sex drive has increased extremely and I am now experiencing a just above regular period that I had before I got the IUD. Should I be concerned about anything?
1 Responses
I know exactly how you feel, i am due to have the mirena coil put in when i have a hsytereoscopy when i get a date, i am currently on marvelone and my sex drive has decreased. My periods are up and down and i can be on for about a month plus at a time. I have read so many negative comments that their other half can feel it and weight gain and makes periods worse. I am looking for a long term fix. Hope you get on ok, keep me posted
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.