Laparotomy recovery time / removal of ovary/endemetriosis

Hi there, can anyone provide some guidance on recovery from a laparotomy?  Was suppose to have been having a laparoscopy to remove my left ovary and large cyst within this along with treatment for endemetriosis, woke up to have had a laparotomy and the latter all done plus part of the fallopian tube with it. It is now three weeks since the op and I can at least move around more, no longer doing an impression of a ladybird on its back trying to get up... The main scar is still sore on the inside and by later in the day I get pain down the left side, still have the shelf overhanging which hoping with time and eventually some exercise will go, still quite bloated but this comes and goes seems to get worse later in the day. Hormones have been all over the place as well.  I have had a first period since the op and the pain was still horrendous but assume this is everything settling down again. Would be grateful for anyone's similar experience to give some idea of what to expect and how soon will feel normal again if ever? Didn't really get much from hospital and main follow up isn't until July?? Any help is welcomed.
Wow what brave woman we are.
34 and just had a laparotomy today two weeks ago.  Was on holiday and rushed to hospital in Athens for an acute abdominal caused by a raptured corpus luteum cyst.  
I got to keep all my bits!  Also they removed the endometriosis, chocolate cyst of 6cm and mayoma of 8cm.
There was no morphine but they did give me pain killer injections total of 3 - over my 4 day stay  and had two blood transfusions.  
I got told I can take Ibuprofen as a painkiller (over the counter drug).  Two days ago I have stopped taking painkillers.  I am very light headed still and my energy levels are at a minimum, but slowly I am getting more mobile.  I make sure I walk everyday - not too much and also make sure I rest enough.  My partner is great!
I have complete numbness around my cut and a tiny over hang (this is all numb).  They say that the feeling might come back over a period of time - did anybody else experience this?  
The gastro complaints was worst than the surgery and the headaches I had after - I stop taking the iron tablets since it made me constipated and I really don't need more problems in that area.  
For the rest I agree on prune juice and nettle tea - it is helping allot!
I am back home since last Friday and that made me feel so much better! At least I had amazing travel insurance that covered everything and could bring me back home.
Good luck to all of you out there and yes this is a very helpful trail - one doesn't feel alone!  Not such a good read I agree for pre op!
Wow what brave woman we are.
This response may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.
I am 31 years old and i suffer from PCOS, Polips I had my surgery done yesterday at the St.Joseph Hospital in Toronto..
The day of the surgery I went to the St. Joseph Hospital the nurse gave me a pill to relax before the surgery then I got the chance to meet all the doctors and nurses.. One of the nurses took me to the operating room then they pull my gown off attached the heart monitor, injected ivi, put a warm blanket and gave me an oxygen mask. Next thing I knew I walk up in the recovery room.. I could bearly talk as my throat was soar i also wanted to pee but I couldn't then they game me pain medication.. after about an hour they took me in to the other room and then my husband was allowed to come and join me.
About 20 min later a nurse came to check me and then also the doctor came to tell us what they have found.. I told my husband to write everything down... The doctor gave me two pain killers, gravol and stool softner.. I did not need to take anything all I took was on the second day tylenol for pain as I was suffering from gas pain in my upper diaphram and shoulders and neck..
Yesterday all I ate was jello and cookies... today I had tacos and rice pudding and so far so good..
I have been looking for some answers in regards to laproscopic surgery and thankfully I found this site. I am a 52 year old woman and had been suffering from back pain since October. I have perineural cysts on my spine and thought this was the problem. In December I began to have a burning pain in my pelvic area front and back with swelling/bloating in my abdomin. My feet were also numb which I'm guessing is related to the perineural cyst. An ultrasound revealed cysts on my left ovary and I had laproscopic surgery done 12 days ago to remove them. After surgery I found out my left ovary was also removed. I am getting back on my feet and recovering from the surgery but I still have the bloating in my abdomin and yes it's exactly how most of you have described...I look pregnant. And the burning pain in my pelvic area and back is still there along with the numb feet. I have been so worried about this because it feels as if nothing has been resolved. I don't know if this is normal or not. I have been feeling so depressed and anxious about this. I am grateful to have found this site and to have been able to read about so many different experiences but so far I haven't read anything specifically about continuing pain in the pelvic area. I'm not sure if I should be concerned. I will see my Dr. and ask next week but when I asked him before he told me that abdominal swelling/bloating had nothing to do with cysts and that it would be something to do with IBS. I haven't had any problems with my bowels even after surgery so I'm not sure what to think. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Thank goodness for this list!  And good luck for anyone dealing with this!
Wish I had read this before my laparoscopy two weeks ago...
I am finally able to be back at work for about four hours...then I get really tired. Thought I would be back after 4-5 days...what a joke!
Had an cyst and ovary+tube removed and still have endometriosis lesions my doctor couldn't remove on my intestines so I'm not sure if crampy feelings are bowel contractions or endometriosis or inside healing or what!
Horrible three day long headache and fatigue are finally gone...now I'm slightly depressed from all of this. It's taken the wind out of my sail..
Now on continuous BC pills to prevent any menstrual cycle....other option was Lupron injections which scared the heck out of me..
I will never take advantage of my health and strength again...I am listening to my body and trying not to rush the healing process. Patience..
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
I have just had my 5th laporoscopy for endometriosis 4 weeks ago and I am still exhausted and have pain on my right side. My previous 4 surgeries weren't as hard to recover from- i was back at work within 2 weeks.I have learnt however, that every surgery has been different and this one is going to take much longer to recover from. I had expected to have my bowel 'unstuck' from my uterus but when the surgeon( an endo specialist) went in he found ovaries and ureters and tubes were also attached. When he came to explain what he found, he said to remember that the small incisions we can see are only entry points - what you can't see is the 'large saucer size wound' that is on the inside. He said that laporoscopy isn't a simple procedure when you get inside - the same amount of internal work is carried out regardless of whether it is open surgery or not!
So give yourselves a break and don't listen to unqualified secretaries or other people who say recovery should be days. Maybe if you're are young, very fit and all they did was have a look around!
I had laproscopy and salpino-fallopian tube removed and while im no stranger to pain n surgery (two csections incl) this is kicking my butt n the doc wont give me any more pain meds. Its only been 8 days! the ibprofun doesnt even take the edge off :(
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
This has been a very useful read for me to read both before and after my laparotomy. Thank you to all posters.

I am day 4 from laparotomy to remove my right ovary and fallopian tube. I am very sore and have pains down my back and hips but am taking co-codamol and ibuprofen regularly. I was able to walk slowly and take myself to the bathroom on the 2nd day and on the 3rd day I was able to shower without aid. I would have been ready to be discharged on day 2 but was still taking Oramorph so it was day 3 before I "escaped".

1) If you know you are going to have this surgery do ensure you work your abdo muscles as much as possible for many weeks prior to surgery. I swear its due to having good stomach muscles that I'm not doing a dying fly when getting off a chair or bed.

2) You will need baggy knickers and baggy sweatpants. You will feel like you are 9 months pregnant.

3) Take your pain meds even if you don't think you need them. The bloating, the wound etc is sore!

4) Take it easy - you'll feel very tired.

5) Laughing, coughing, sneezing WILL be painful. I really enjoy a good belly laugh but it is impossible to do so.

6) My hips are killing so I guess that will go away eventually.
It sounds as though advice on how to cope with a lap depends on what was found and what was done.

For me, I offer the following advice:
* bring the following with you on the day of the surgery:
     three heating pads (ask the nurse to wrap each shoulder and diaphragm:
     the pain cannot be managed with narcotics; only heating pads work)
* when you meet with the anesthesiologist:
     ask, when they reverse the anesthesia, to also include anti-nausea
     medicine in case you go home that day

If you stay in the hospital, ask the nurse to continue to wrap your shoulder and diaphragm with heating pads and ask for anti-nausea medicine as needed (nausea should go away within a couple of days).

Most importantly, hang in there. The worst will be over and you will recover.

I had my surgery on August 12.  I had a 17.5 cm cyst removed along with my left ovary and fallopian tube.  It took me a while to recover and was pretty much homebound for the first 3 weeks post surgery.  I returned to work(I am a teacher) in time to begin the school year.  I was still moving quite slowly, but felt way less pain than before.  I still have an indent above the incision and get extremely bloated by the end of the day(I feel like I look pregnant).  I am still so uncomfortable wearing pants and have been buying lots of dresses to go to work.  A lot of my pants do not fit properly even though I lost 10 pounds post surgery. I am hoping to return to the gym soon but am a little nervous about it.  

I had a few questioons for people who have had similar experiences...
Does the bloating go away?
Will I always have this indent in my abdominal area or does it eventually go away?
Is it normal to still feel discomfort at the end of the day after being on my feet for the majority of the day?
How long will it be until I feel completely normal?
Hi, just like to say thank you all for sharing your storys. Mine goes like this; two weeks ago i had a 7cm cyst removed from my left ovary but never was told when will i feel better or how would i know if the surgery was a success.  if its been two weeks n for a moment i feel ok n the next minute its like they are still scraping my ovary. Is that normal or should i worry that something might not b right.??? My appt. Its a week from now so any advice will help!!
Thanks for all your posts. Its has helped me realize that healing depends on the individuals' body. Had ectopic pregnancy and my right fallopian tube was taken out(1/nov/11), i wasn't prepared for the pain,its about 4weeks now and i havent fully recovered,taking things easy cos once i push my body too hard,the pain becomes unbearable. only wish people around me'd understand that the healing process takes time. Thank u all.  
Please or to view.
Debbie I had a tubal and partial uterus removal done back on dec 20 2011 due to a type of ectopic pregnancy. They started doing a laparascopy but I hemorrhaged and lost 2 pints of blood so they had to do a laparatomy. My doctor told me I shouldn't bleed at all but a day after they release me I ended back at the ER for heavy bleeding.  If you are bleeding heavy you should see immediate care. In my case when the pregnancy was removed my hormone levels dropped down so my body immediately decided to remove the walls of the uterus like in a normal period. My OB was called to the ER and she did a full check up to make sure that everything was ok with the surgery she did on me.  I hope you have a quick recovery.
I just have my left ovary and tube Plus scare tissue and endometriosis removed on my left side. It has been two days now and I have to tell you I'm not back to my 100% but I feel good so if you are not feeling at least 90% you should be calling your doctor. I know that they say you should wait at least two to three weeks before having sex but I feel fine and it did not bother me any or I should say that the pain before was more then now! Wish I would have done this before now. Best of luck to you all
Please or to view.
Did your doctor gave you medical paper work excusing you from work? It has been 3 weeks since my surgery and I have a doctor appt. tomorrow for an evaluation. My ob-gyn then will decide if I'm able to go back to work or if I need to stay home longer. It is very important that you follow your doctor's orders because if something happens to you during a time that a doctor told you to stay home for recovery and you were at work instead you are going to lose any type of insurance that you have (work-medical...) The law is not going to back you up so tell your boss that he/she needs to find other venues and your health comes first. He/she cannot legally fire you while you are in a medical leave. Good luck and please take care.
I had a laparotomy for a softball sized cyst on my left ovary in october. it is now january and im feeling a tugging feeling on my right ovary. it has lasted all day today but i am not sure if its ovulation or something i should be concerned about. im basically 10 weeks post op and have been told that tugging is normal but i didnt get operated on my right ovary so i am confused as to why im feeling this weird pain on that ovary and not the operated one.
Hi all.
I am new here. I an 33 years old and in the past 6 years I have had laproscopic surgery for cyst removals from ovaries. I have also had a few D and C's. I have bad endometriosis , too. Since December 2011 I have had a serious pain in left side (around the area of ovary). I finally got an appointment for an ultrasound last week and they found a 'small grapefruit' sized cyst AROUND my right ovary! Yes, all the pain was on left side and cyst is on right! (strange, I thought) Anyway, I am having a surgery next week to remove cyst AND right ovary as well as another D andC! I am a little nervous about the ovary removal. I know you can function perfectly fine with one....still, it scares me a bit. I already have 2 children and have no plans for another. Does anyone have feedback on recovery time? Anything else I can expect? Thanks for listening.
Please or to view.
I was supposed to have laprascopy, removal of a demroid cyst on the 3rd, but woke  up and had a bikini line incision after they decided they would have to open me up unfortunately. I am recovering fairly well, not to much pain after I got out of the hospital and showered, and kept my incision site dry (put a towel on it and leave it there ALL day), i'm doing really great healing wise...and even the incision in my belly button is okay (kind of gross looking though). I can walk, have been letting my gas out FINALLY and don't take pain medicine so much... but my problem is my SHOULDER.

This is the worst pain i am experiencing, when i go to lay down on my side (which i can finally tolerate) my shoulder  begins throbbing, and aching like someone is  pulling every muscle in my back and tightening it I told the doctors while I was in the hospital but they said it was normal due to the gas they had used before deciding they would have to cut me open - I'm using a heating pad to soothe it, but it's just really annoying that I can not lay any other way SOLELY because of my shoulder pain.

I'm so tender on my right shoulder and back area. I was wondering if I'm the only person experiencing this pain. It's unbearable, it actually almost brings me to tears everytime, and the pain meds do not work in this are at all. I just want to know when it will stop...or how I can stop it from happening, or atleast that someone else is having this happen too :(
Thanks guys, and hope everyone heals up well & doesn't have to deal with this again.
Hello all i had a laparodomy done on jan. 16,2012. I must say i honestly thought it was going to be a laproscopy and i woke up cut up. I ihad a 4 1/2 in cyst on my left ovary. It was so painful i was begging for a window to jump out of lol. I cried for the first  two weeks from pain. I just want to say it gets better. It has been 28 days since the surgery and i am much better than i was. Take it easy as much as you can. Dont lift push pull or anything like that. I had to squat instead of bend. I had alot of help. I stayed in the hospital for four days due to complications. I was an easy bleeder due to an artery being cut so they had to stop my surgery and get a specialist. I am telling you it honestly gets better but it takes time. I thought i would never get to this point. I can finally sleep on my side and on my stomach but not alot. I am very soar and still take my pain meds but it is nothing like the first week. Dont force your body to get better it will happen with time. I still hurt but i will take today over 1/16. So dont get discouraged if the benefits outweigh the risks. Look for a good surgeon and pray for god to touch his/ her hands before the procedure and know that the mind is very powerful. Time heals all wounds
Please or to view.
Tali, that's normal with a laparoscopy - I had the same problem when I had mine!  If you get up and move around a bit, it'll help the gas pas through your system faster.  And this is kind of gross but...if you have to fart or belch, don't hold back, DO IT!  It allows the gas to exit your system faster.

Also, have you been diagnosed with endometriosis?  Endometriosis on the diaphragm causes pain in the right shoulder area, and the might have not thought to check  your abdominal cavity if they didn't find much in the pelvic cavity.

I feel what you all are going through.  I had a laparoscopy for two cysts (one a large endometrioma that was wrapped around my right ovary) in January 2011 that did absolutely NOTHING for my pain.  I was told I had severe endometriosis that couldn't be dealt with during the surgery and was put on Lupron to control the pain.  A year later I have decided to seek out the help of an endometriosis specialist, and upon getting print-outs of my surgery reports to take to her, I have discovered that I have endometriosis on my diaphragm (which the doctor never told me about) which is hard to remove and can only be removed laparotomally.  My recovery for my laparoscopy was 2 weeks and I still wasn't fully myself when I went back to work so I'm terrified as to how long I'll be out if I have a laparotomy!
I just had my R ovary removed by laparoscopy 2/2/12. My job is physically demanding, so I was off for a week, then light duty the next. My energy and strength seem to be almost back to normal. Out of the 3 incisions I had, 2 are pretty well healed. The 3rd, on my R hip, is not healing as well. Because of positioning, it is constantly irritated by a rubbing shirt or pants. My skin is so sensitive to adhesives that I'm terrified to cover it up with a bandaid, as they literally pull my skin off. I've tried gauze and paper tape, but even that gives me a rash for days. Any suggestions on ways to cover it up and get this stubborn wound to heal?

I am so glad to have found this site.

I had a laproscopy on Jan 20th to remove a 9cm Cyst on right ovary along with endometriosis and a heterescopy to remove uterine polyp.  The pathology report showed that I had a clear cell carcinoma on the Cyst.  

A week later, I had a colonoscopy to rule out that I had a colon cancer because I had heavy and frequent rectal bleeding.  

A week later on Feb 7th, I had a laparotomy to remove uterus, cervix, fallopian tubes, ovaries, lymph nodes, fat cells (omentectomoy, fix bladder control, and get samples from over 10 parts (including rectum, appendix, etc.) of my abdomen for biopsy.  The recovery from surgery was rough.  I stayed in the hospital for 15 nights due to various complications:  

1. vomiting almost everyday from just drinking a sip of water and abdominal swelling. Doctor said that I had ileus and that my intestines were inflamed.
2. urinary tract infection
3. wound infection which gave me two holes that are > 3cm deep in my abdomen.
4. blood transfusion as my blood level was 7 for almost a week.

It's been 10 days since I came home from the hospital.  My abdomen is less swolen and the wound infection is getting better; my surgeon cut the skin near the hole to widen the hole so that it heals properly and it still hurts.  I also started eating very small portions.  

However, I still have indigestion and eat just enough to take pain meds and antibiotics.  Although I eat so little, I get so much heart burn.  I try to reduce the frequency of taking pain pills a few times only to suffer so much because pain was out of control.  I still get headache and fever everyday ranging from 100 to 101+ and do the normal stuff for fever such as removing clothes to keep my body temperature down.  I am not sure why I continue to get fever.  Doctor does not seem to be concerned about fever.

If anyone had a similar experience, I would appreciate your insight and sharing.

Thank you.
Please or to view.
just had laparoscotomy for my left ovary and tube it had several cyst inside all removed and i hope all good but surgery was not so good allergery to all opiods morphine any pain killers tramadol and some anitheistic drugs so after giving me tramadol that didnt work and vomting the gave me an epidurial to put me under which worked to a point after recovery was in HDU for 3days fighting of the tramadol and in server pain as nuroaphen and panadol dont actually help,then pain in my chest and uptine blood test show a PE suspected in my lung so i lost count on how many heprin injection in my stomach they continued when i was taken up to the ward  my scare is just over 8inches and after a week in hospital im home but only just know able to feel better still hurts when i fet up or down to sit walking helps heaps but very tried afterwards part of the superglued area came undone with a little bit of blood but when i went back to hospital they just cleaned it and sent me home it slowy repairing itself the pian is easing but i get sharp pians accross my left side of scare and my whole stomach is still swollen heaps and it burns some parts of my stomach around the wound bikini line and back are still numb unsure if this ts normal and it now been 3 weeks and still very sore and have trouble getting around i dont know if this is realated to surgery but i woke up and the base of my left foot aches so much i cant walk on it feels like a bruise and i so over it i want to get back to being me and dancing and having a good time  to scared to tell doctors sometime as dont want to think im a hyper over little things / i hate being sick i hate hospitals
thanks for reading just thought i put my story out there cheers rb  
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
I had my right ovary removed as the ovary ruptured and became gangrene after it had twisted on itself. I have similar cyst in left ovary and am now worried that it might twist on its own. I haven't had kids yet. My operation was 20 days ago and i still have slight pain and discomfort and am very weak. Unsure how to better myself at this point.
Please or to view.
Its been about 3 yrs since I had my right fallopian tube removed & every month when I get my period I get the most excruciating pain and I feel like its not getting any better.  Is this normal?
Did all of you had the operation recover? I'm due to have my left ovary and cyst removed via keyhole surgery, but have consented to hysterectomy if necessary, but bloods etc have come back ok am worried they will just go for the whole think without good reason?

Was told three month recovery time.
Today I am 5 weeks post op from a laparotomy and am still in a lot of discomfort and my tummy is still very swollen,which comes and goes..  My doctor told me the surgery would be 45 minutes and wound up being 3 1/2 hours.  My ovary was the size of his fist, which the sonogram showed it being the size of a walnut.  There were four complicated cysts in my ovary, which proved to be non-cancerous.  Very grateful for that.  However my ovary was completedly glued to an organ with scar tissue and all of my other organs on the other side were completely glued together with scar tissue as well. I was in the hospital 5 days instead of one and I could not urinate on my own for days because my bladder was so traumatized from separating it from my other organs.   I am a bit discouraged though, as I thought the discomfort and swelling would be much better by now.  I admit though that I probably overdid it with going back to work last week and having a business trip and had to drive over 8 hours combined.  I feel like I take a step forward, then two steps back.  Anyone else still this sore and swollen five weeks post-op from a laparotomy?  My Dr. told me last week that all of my organs were very traumatized from being surgically separated with the scar tissue.  Is this normal?
Hi,I just have surgery laparoscopy four almost five months now. And I feel ok,till now ,after four weeks you feel better and you can go back driving...then,after five weeks I went back to work..but no heavy lifting for months...I never take pain killer when I get out from surgery...I stay two days in hospital. But now,still numb my left thigh and stomach where's my cut..?it's just small incs. And just wondering that when I can go back to exercise?lol. I'm getting heavy now..I'm scared to much exercise maybe bad..but,I'm lifting more heavy now than before...so,don't worry you be ok...it's ,normal that you worried...it's my first time to ge surgery...just leave it to god...u be ok..
Confused how to post on this forum..
I know this comment was a while ago, but if you notice, many of the women with increased pain have large cysts. Cysts that burst, have adhesions attached, or that are overly large with calcification or scarring are going to cause more pain. I had 2 c-sections and I was up a week later. Not that big of a deal for me. This surgery has knocked me on my butt though. It's not rude to give some hope but you make light of other people's situation. I am glad that you had an easy go of it, but there are many of us that have not been as lucky as you. Believe me, I wish I was. Currently I am 1 week out of laparotomy for a removal of a softball sized ovary and a football solid tumor that they found while they were in there. Every woman is different and unfortunately, an oophorectomy is commonly also an exploratory surgery which also increases the pain and healing time.
This was my first surgery and it was just 2 weeks ago. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER! My cyst was larger than a softball and was slowly rupturing. My doctor wanted me to wait to see if it would slow down, due to family history I said I would prefer it being removed. My doctor was not informative at all. After surgery I did not wake up for 8 hours and when I did my whole left side of my stomach was raised do to my doctor leaving co2 and fluid inside me. I stayed less than 24 hours at the hospital and they sent me home even though I could not even hold myself up to go to the bathroom! My doctor gave me no instructions on caring for my incisions and told me I was being a cry baby and I shouldn't be feeling any pain! Grr!
Its not that bad!! I know everyone's experiences are different. I read all these posts before going in and was terrified. I was totally exhausted on the second day, and I didn't like the restrictions that the catheter brings for a day or two, but the pain relief used is excellent. After 3 days I started walking and had all drips etc removed. The scar is not that bad, and is getting lighter every day. This is often a life saving operation, given that, it's really well worth having, and it's honestly not that bad (or wasn't for me) I'm into week two and am enjoying not being allowed to do too much still, whist feeling great! Getting whatever sickness is inside of you, out, improves your well being and energy levels. I feel healthy enough to return to a teaching position, but at the same time am going slowly back to real life. My stomach is much much flatter two and I've lost 4kgs. I had a hysterectomy and a cancerous tumor removed. Hope this helps those of you soon to face this operation.
I know this is an old topic, but I wanted to post a bit of info after my laparotomy!

I am only 2 weeks post-op (2 weeks and 2 days), but thought I could shed some light into how the recovery is going so far!

The background: I played soccer 3-5 times a week before I found out about my cyst (I found out about it at the end of January 2015. I also walked a lot, did at home exerices (T25 - google that if you have no idea what it is :), about 2-3 times a week). So, fairly active I would say!

I found out at the end of January that I had a big cyst measuring 17x14x10cm on my right ovary. After meeting my specialist/surgeon, having a CT scan, and seeing the specialist again, I finally had surgery on March 5th, 2015. So, it took about 5 weeks to have surgery from the time I found out about the cyst.

As far as recovery goes, it's been quite good actually! Luckily they saved my ovary which they thought they'd have to remove. I didn't use any morphine in the hospital, and was released the day after my surgery as I was doing so well (usually they make you stay 2 nights). I was given a few prescriptions for pain killers, but only needed Advil and Tylenol extra strength, and rotated between the two. I was up and walking around the day after surgery (not far, I'll admit, just around the hospital corridors). It definitely hurt to walk around the first few days, but I thought it would hurt more! I never got tired easily as I was told was common post-surgery. Just felt pretty normal!

The worst pain I felt, was the day I got home, I had some trapped air on my right side. It literally felt like I had broken ribs, and I could barely move or breathe. And I also had gas pain in my stomach. But, that subsided after about 2 days. The more you get up and walk around, the quicker it goes away.

The other worst thing was getting a cold 3 days post-surgery and trying not to sneeze/cough as that hurt the most!

Now I am 2 weeks and 2 days post surgery, and I'm walking a fair bit! I would say about 30 minutes a day. The pain subsided for the most part 1 week after surgery. Today I feel quite good, and I think I can start going for even longer walks, so will start doing that tomorrow.

Hope this helps! If you have any questions or anything, I will do my best to answer. I read so many laparotomy horror stories in terms of recovery, so I just wanted to put a fairly positive one out there :)

Marissa