Left Abdomen

I noticed about a week ago a lump in my lower left abdomen.  Its about 2 inches long and maybe 1/2 to 3/4 inch wide (it feels kinda gross).  Its not painful, but I can see it when looking in the mirror.  Would my body be going producing this lump if I was in the perimenopause stage?  My period last month lasted 10 days and I experienced several extreme hot flashes and night sweats.  However, this month I had a normal 5 day period and only a couple mild hot flashes and few night sweats.

I've looked on the net for information regarding this lump, but I can't find anything similar.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Maybe you have an ovarian cyst on the left side.  Give your ob/gyn a call and see if they think you should get a checkup.