Light, irregular periods with clotting

This year I have been having periods that last anywhere from 10-14 days that start with light spotting, and remain light (compared to how my periods used to be which was not light or just heavy, just regular) but I also pass big clots. I have always had some clotting, but now compared with a lighter period it seems a bit odd. I don't suffer from cramps. My normal period is about 5 days, some clotting and regular flow. I just turned 30, not currently sexually active, have never been pregnant and am considered obese. I should probably go to the doctor but I am wondering if it's just my weight causing the change? My periods now are also irregular, sometimes coming once every two months, sometimes once every 32 days or so, and at one point I hadn't had one in three months.
The cause of irregular periods could be due to hormonal imbalance, stress, chronic illness, polycystic ovarian disease, thyroid gland disorders or diseases, pituitary gland tumors or cyst, galactorrhea, prolactinomas etc. You should consult a gynecologist and get examined and investigated as soon as possible to know the exact cause of all these episodes. Given your history of obesity, PCOS is an important possibility to be ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.