Light red spotting after periods

I am 38 years old, and saw very light red spotting on the 10th and 12th day after the 1st day of my period. I am not on any birth control pills and not pregnant....Any idea why this might be?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Sometimes women do spot just do to hormonal fluctuations of minor imbalances.  Have a bit too much progesterone can cause it.  OR, you could be one of those rare people that get a touch of spotting when you ovulate.  Ask your doctor about it at your next visit but wouldn't think it is anything to worry about.  good luck