Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.8k Members

Lingering pain in vagina/groin

After masturbating I had a horrible stabbing sensation that lasted close to 10 minutes. I actually inserted something into my vagina. This happened on January 19th. After that day the pain has lessened. It only occurs off and on and isn't as excruciating as the pain that happened the first time. This pain is located in the pelvic and groin area, possibly inside the vagina itself. Does this sound like a serious problem or will it pass on its own?
1 Responses
144586 tn?1284666164
This sounds like nerve entrapment, and these problems are generally self limiting. If it continues over six weeks get an in-person evaluation by a physician.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.