Loss of Menstrual Cycle

I am a 140 lb, 5'4", 23-year-old female. My weight fluctuates a lot (30 lbs), but I have been at the same weight for about 2 years now. I am not eating poorly I am not extremely stressed, I just started working out again in January (medium exercise for around an hour a day) and I have not been sexually active since January 2012. However, I have not had my period in over a year.

I was on Junel 1/20 for a couple of years, then went on Yaz for a month last April (I was living in Germany and the doctor ok'd it, even with my questions about health concerns). After going off Yaz, I have never had my period again and hadn't had it before that since February.

I (stupidly) did not really think it was an issue until right around Christmas when my mother said I should get it checked out. However, the new year brought a new health insurance plan and now I have to pay 100% of the cost of getting an exam.

Is there anything I can do to test out what might be causing me to not have a period without going to the doctor? Is this something I should get checked out immediately or can it be put off? If now is the time to do something, is there a government program that might help with costs (student, part-time, women's health issues)?
Also, my hormones seem to be going haywire. I am getting acne in places I have never had it before (my back, my breasts) and I naturally very blond, but the hair on my upper legs and face is getting darker.

What could be causing this? Could it be related?
You seem to be having secondary amenorrhea. Secondary amenorrhea is when a woman who has had normal menstrual cycles stops getting her monthly period for 3 or more months.

Causes of secondary amenorrhea include stress and anxiety, malnutrition, depression, overexercising, sudden weight loss or gain (obesity),thyroid disorders and hormonal imbalance due to polycystic ovarian syndrome(PCOS).Smoking is also associated with secondary amenorrhea. Sometimes tumors of the ovaries and brain may also cause absence of menstruation.
You should consult gynecologist for internal examination and other tests needed to detect it's cause. All symptoms can be hormone related and PCOS is an important possibility.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.