Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.8k Members

Lump in Armpit

At about 6 p.m. today I noticed a lump in my armpit. It is about the size of a penny and when I try to squeeze the lump it is slightly malleable (it stays a bit deformed and dented before slowly resuming its original shape). It is tender to touch. I am 15 and my mother says that it is probably and ingrown hair or pimple and that in a few days she will help me pop it, but I am worried. I need some advice, I have looked at some of other peoples experiences with lumps under the arm and I’m kind of scared. Help?

I have also been sick recently. I had a fever, upset stomach and bowels, and sore muscles for 2 days prior to today. Could this have something to do with it?
1 Responses
1524673 tn?1327841500
If you are truly scared about this see your doctor.  If you can wait a few day, try putting a warm tea bag on the area to draw any infection to a head.  Soak the tea bag in boiling water for a few minutes, take it out, wait for it to call enough for you to put it on your skin without burning, and leave it there for 20 minutes.  Do this a couple of times a day for three day.  If there is an ingrown hair or an infection of the hair duct, it will come to a head.  Good luck to you.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.