Lump in my neck

Hiya my name is Emma i think i have found a lump by my right glands in my neck it does hurt when i eat, swallow or talk. it moves when i eat, swallow and talk.
Can someone give me some advice about what it could be plese i am afraid it mite by cancerours or a cyst. Do you think tht i should get it check out by the by doctor.
Emma xx
Yes, you should be seen by a doctor. I'm assuming it's in the front of your neck, and my first thought was lymph nodes. I understand you're scared, but guessing about it won't fix whatever the problem is and if it IS something serious early treatment often can completely cure the problem. The longer you wait the more it can fester and get worse.
thanks i have appointment at the doctors on the tuesday the 9 august  the lump is by my right gland  it hurt to swallow
what is lymph nodes?