Lump on my armpit. Please help.

I have a lump under my armpit it comes and goes and it is always sore but this time it's REALLY painful My bra rubs against it and makes it hurt more. It hurts when I touch it too. And it's gotten red. I did put a cooling pack on it and it took some of the pain out of it. My underarm hurts when I move my arm or raise it and I can't lay on that side it hurts pretty bad. I also get fiber cysts on my breasts every once in a while....could it be a Cyst? Please answer. I worried.
Have you gone to the doctor to have this checked?  I get shaving irritations under my arms, but it is not a lump.  Always good to get something like this checked out if you have had it for a while and it is not going away.  Keep us updated.  I know what helped me with cysts on my breasts was cutting out coffee.  For some reason the caffeine just irritated them.
If the lump is hard like a marble - then get it checked asap.
Eternalsummersong did you go to the doctor, was curious if you had any news on this, let us know, was thinking about you :D
It had turned into a very painful boil which did indeed have a cyst in it. They lanced it....one question why did he need a tea bag? I didn't exactly see what he did I'm squeamish when it comes to popping boils.