Mammogram pain

Had my yearly mammogram almost 1 week ago. I have been in constant pain since then. Felt some discomfort during the last image but having been having exams for 30 years just shrugged it off. That night I woke up with stabbing pain in the nipple and Areola area. Followed by a constant burning pain through out my breast. There is some swelling and slight bruising. Called the imaging center yesterday and they had me come in to take a look. Was told that it was just a deep tissue bruise and to take some Tylenol and put an ice pack on it. I really think that something more is wrong. Pain radiates into my armpit. Can damage be done by a mammogram and if so what?
Thank you
COMMUNITY LEADER
ugh, OUCH!  You were looked at and they didn't do anything invasive.  I would guess they are right about the deep bruise.  I'd take ibuprofen rather than Tylenol personally (I think it works better for pain relief).  If it doesn't subside, see your ob/gyn rather than the imaging center.  Sorry.  Mammos can be a little painful but that is a bit much to bruise you like that!  New tech?  I'd make sure you complain about it!!  good luck