Many blood clots while on period?

So I got my period on Tuesday and I noticed that everytime I go to the bathroom I pass many blood clots, most of them small but it is usually about 6 10 7, sometimes more. I gave birth almost 6 months ago so I know it;s not from that. It has been like this since I gave birth but I also have tons of lower back ache during my period. I bleed very heavily, I have already went through one package of pads, it hurts to use tampons. Anybody have any ideas on what this might be? thanks in advance.
Tiffany
when you have a baby, your uterus is a little larger, this leaves more room for blood to pool in the womb. if the blood is stagnent for only a short while, then it will begin to clot. there is nothing abnormal about this and when you sit on loo, then it gives more space for the clots to come out. after six kids my uterus is quite large so the blood pools alot and doesnt come out so easy. so when i go to the loo, i lose big hard dark clots which shows they have been there for a while. yours sugest that they are not hanging about too long. you actually are not losing any difference in volume than if the blood just made its way straight out. dont worry dear, everything you say is quite normal.
princessbut
this time the info was based on medical stuff that i was given as i have this problem really bad. i was given leaflets to read and looked it up on the internet after. i have had six kids and was told that this was the reason that i have such huge clots and the reason why some are dark and solid while some are red and more fresh. we are only as knowledgable as the info we are given. ionfact if sailors wife is correct then all those in gnea treating me are a joke and i need to go back to them and tell them that sailors wife says they are all wrong and she has all the knowledge and authority to prove it. for gods sake ! we are here to reasure and help people not critisize everyone one else's comment. oh! or is it just my opinion oneverything that you dont like. i'm sorry, but this time you have got it wrong! if you want to say something different , fine.. but dont bloody critisize everything that i say like you are some bloody expert on everything. i have looked at everything that you say and it seems to me you like all the attention and like to think everyone thinks your word is god. get a life and go and do somethoing other than pick fault with everything i say. your becoming a real pain in the ass. THIS MESSAGE IS DIRRECTED TO MISS NOWITALL SAILORS WIFE.
I AM 21 YEARS OLD AND I ALWAYS HAD 4 DAYS PERIOD.MY PERIOD CAME 7 DAYS AGO AND I AM STILL FLOWING HEAVY AND EVERYTIME I PEE BIG BLOOD CLOTS COME. PLUS I PEE AT LEASR 6 TIMES DAYS. I WAS TOLD THAT I MUGHT BE HAVING A MISCARRIAGE. IS IT POSSIBLE OR IS IT SOMETHIMG MORE SERIOUS. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOR ANSWERS.
I AM 21 YEARS OLD AND I ALWAYS HAD 4 DAYS PERIOD.MY PERIOD CAME 7 DAYS AGO AND I AM STILL FLOWING HEAVY AND EVERYTIME I PEE BIG BLOOD CLOTS COME. PLUS I PEE AT LEASR 6 TIMES DAYS. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOR ANSWERS.
I can relate with blood clots,especially on the first few days of my period. I did tell my dr. and she too wrote it down in my chart. My recent pap was normal so I don't worry too much about it now. But besides that fun topic, I'm really just commenting on princessbut's rant above. It's obvious that she has an English accent (maybe?), which I love. I cracked up when I got to this part: "if you want to say something different , fine.. but dont bloody critisize everything that i say like you are some bloody expert on everything." How can you not find humor in that? Bloody expert? Ahh I love it! She's my new best friend! You all need to lighten up around here. Things could always be a lot worse. lol
MY Period came on Last Wednesday and it has been coming on for weeks at a time and blood clots come out every now and then but they are small some times medium size but never large. I have had one child and that was in November of 2012. I don't have any pain at all sometimes My period will go off for like 2 or 3 days and come right back on is there anyone that can help me out with this problem? I have had a miscarriage before but I had pain so i'm not sure if this is a miscarriage or not.