Medroxyprogesterone

Hello all. I am wondering if its me or the medicine. I went back on the medication Medroxyprogesterone this month. I was on it in March and started my period as normal but instead of lasting 14 days it lasted 12. Last month I forgot that I was suppose to take the medication and as normal I started but one day early and again it lasted 12 days. I started on the 2nd of this month and my period was suppose to start on the 7th of this month, I am now 5 days late. I have been cramping, nauseous, fatigued, sleepy, eating like I have not eating more,gained weight. breast are very  tender, and I have been very moody. How long after I finish the medicine (I take the last pill tonight) should I start my period and if I do not start next week should I go take a pregnancy test? I am really nervous because I have been having unprotected sex almost everyday. Please help me out because I am really freaking out.
Hummm ... I have only taken one round of the Medroxyprogesterone (10 days to "jump start" my period) and 9 days after I took the last pill ... I got my period.  I was "freaking out" too ... even though my husband and I use another form of birth control.  Prior to that ... it had been 3 months since I had my period.  
Wondering if you have subsided in the side effects ... I was SHOCKED at how much weight gain I have had since taking it (I feel "full" but have the immense drive to eat), I'm tired all the time (sleep 14+ hours a day and am tired on top of that), and I'm bloated (my body looks like an egg)!!  I was NOT expecting ANY of that at all ... and didn't really know it was a possible side effect until I started putting 2+2 together with the change in my body since taking the meds.  
Please someone let me know if you have had the same thing happen and if it ever subsided ...