Medroxyprogesterone

Hello All,

On April 16, 2007 I was given Medroxyprosterone to help start my period becuase before then I hadn't had a period since February 17, 2007 and I infact thought that I had finally conceived, but to my non-surprise I hadn't. I made the doc's appointment and was prescibed thess meds. It is now May 4 and I still haven't gotten my period yet. I was on the pills for 10 days (started them on the 4/17/07 I took my last pill on the 26 of April, every website that I've read says that your period is suppose to start 3 to 7 days after you take this pill. it has now been 9 days and still no period, I'm going to call my doctor on Monday and let her know of this, but meanwhile has any one ever had this happen and if so when did you period finally start or what could be the possible causes for this. All is help and any help is good help. Thanks in advance!
JusR

PS. We are TTC and this was given so that we can find out what's going on with me and why I haven't yet!
well I took  it b/c my period stop and they did lab levels and my progesterone level was too low on day 10 the last day I was to take the pill I got my "period"  well I basically bleed since it isn't really a period.  My dr told me to give it 2wks and if nothing happened call them back and we would do they same thing again.  It doesn't always work the first time and I have known people that it took another round.  It bascially gets your hormone levels up and everything causing you to ovualte again.  I would call your dr and let them know what is going on.  Sorry not much help but your not alone I went through the same thing

stacy
Thank you so much, this was very helpful....I really appreciate your response, this makes me feel a little better. Thank you so much! I'll keep you posted with everything.
I am taking my 2nd round of this medicine.  First round I took for 7 days. Waited 10 days to see if I would start and did not start. My Dr put my on 2 a day for 10 days so far nothing yet. I don't know what's going on with my female stuff but its crazy the way it works. My Dr gave me the meds because I haven't had a period since Oct 5th 2017 and its now Feb 25th 2018. Im not pregnant and only 34-years-old. I've have 3 kids my oldest is 17 and youngest is 13. Please help me out