Pig

Menstruated related, please and thank you.

External User

First, ill put this out there now. I have the I.U.D birth control (Mirena) since my son was born (November 13th, 2008). I have recently changed it out for a newer Mirena because this year would be going on 5 and that's preferable rather than wait it out further.
    So any how, It took a year or 2 at first to get use to this birth control. My periods in the beginning were brutal; severe cramping, migraines, heavier and longer flow cycles etc.. I believe I was diagnosed with endometriosis as a teenager (16). I wasn't on any birth control then, but when I turned 18 I started the pill forms. None were helpful, I actually felt sick and cycles were worsened.
     Apparently, when I had my son, the endometriosis wasn't even brought up again until now. I have the newer Mirena going on a few months now. I suffer from chronic back pain, nerve damage, PTSD, ADD, etc.
    So, getting back to the issue question, I have had a few days where I've had cramps so painful (it was worse than when I was contracting with pregnancy), I was so nauseated, migraines on and off, and this would come on like shooting-stabbing on and off kinds of pains. It goes on for minutes like as of I was being stabbed in my lower stomach, to nothing. Then, the next day the pains were not just in my lower stomach and pelvic area, they began in my lower back. This was different kind of pain. I guess it's helpful to have giving birth experiences to describe this; back pain was like back cramps just worse. Both front and back day 3 now, and I have no idea on what to do. I know that my cycle usually begins at the end of the month. Or the middle of the month. Normally I just have minimal cramps a week before and little bleeding.
     Also note, recently my periods been dark, clumpy gooey-like look, no odor, just black-dark brown almost red coloring. This is a tampon I'm describing. And this is the only way I can tell because me periods doesn't come out now unless I have a tampon in. I notice half the tampon would have this description. And this is half a days worth. I am worried because the endometriosis signs and symptoms and in relation to self are alike.
    Do you know if this classifies or seems such of endometriosis? I have a regular PCP, which I do not like and my insurance is very complicated so changing now isn't much of an option. I believe this kind of situation may require a specialist? Which kind would you believe in terms of my condition and the possible like symptoms (in regards to a specialist)? Is there a test to check for endometriosis? There's several tests for many other things located inside Walgreens, so if this kind of test is inside can you let me know?

With so much gratitude,

Sincerely and Anonymously,

K.

Cause of pelvic pain could be due to kidney stones, pelvic infections, urine infections, twisted ovarian cyst or rupture of ovarian cyst, appendicitis or any other referred pain due to other organ infections. Most of them may not show up on ultrasound. So get all these causes evaluated from a gynecologist to confirm the diagnosis.
Symptoms of endometriosis include pelvic pain(usually before menstruation but sometimes during intercourse,urination or defecation), sometimes diarrhea or constipation,irregular or heavy menstrual bleeding,sometimes blood in the urine and inability to conceive.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.