Metronidazole and Erythromycin for BV?

Sooo... I visited the doctor Monday with a vaginal infection and was given Metronidazole to start taking. I went back for results Wednesday and I was confirmed to have BV. My doctor then gave me Erythromycin to take (2, twice a day)... as well as the Metronidazole (3, three times a day). This seems like an awful lot of antibiotics. Why was I given Erythromycin, when from as far as I can tell, Metronidazole alone is the recommended treatment for BV?

Hope someone can shed some light on this.
Thanks!
COMMUNITY LEADER
Honestly, doesn't make sense to me either.  I'd ask your doctor.  Agree that more antibiotics aren't always better.  Hello yeast infection. Make sure to take a good probiotic for that reason. Were you also diagnosed with trich? Sometimes that is treated with erythromycin.  But otherwise, that is very odd to add that and I'd really like to know why.