Mid-cycle bleeding

Hi all,
I just want to see if any of you experience this with ovulation...
A little background, after going off the pill 2 years ago, I've started having spotting a week before my period (currently being treated with post-ovulation progesterone) and cramps all month.  There's a small, lingering hemorrhagic cyst on one ovary that could be endometriosis; I have a lap scheduled for next month.  Paps have always come back normal.  We have been ttc unsuccessfully for 6 months.

Anyway, I don't usually bleed with ovulation, but I got my positive OPK on Monday, DTD Monday morning, and woke up Wednesday morning with very thick, blood-tinged mucus (sorry if TMI); this morning it was the same thing, but the blood was a little darker.  Does anyone else have this with ovulation?  I don't usually bleed at this point in my cycle, so it's a bit concerning to me.  Thanks so much!