Migraines

I had to have an emergency hysterectomy when I was 29.  My son was only 4 months old.  Since this, I have suffered from migraines.  Is this happening to anyone else?  If so, what are you doing?  I have had a reaction to Imitrex, and the only thing that seems to help is strong narcotics.  I don't have time to sleep for two or three days.
I know your pain. I too suffer from migraines. I had mine prior to my hysterectomy. I would say yours are from a spinal if you had an epidural. While narcotics are the best option to relieve the pain, but they are not always the best option. I would talk to my doctor and see if he will let you try some of the triptalens (sp). These are usually are taken for prevention at bedtime. They will in no way keep you from getting migraines but they do help to ward some off. The good news is that generally after you have been in menopause for awhile your headaches do tend to back off some. Since I do not know if you are taking an HRT, I would suggest you look into it. I take a shot but I can tell when it is wearing off because I will have a headache that I can not get over. Good luck