Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.8k Members

Migraines

I had to have an emergency hysterectomy when I was 29.  My son was only 4 months old.  Since this, I have suffered from migraines.  Is this happening to anyone else?  If so, what are you doing?  I have had a reaction to Imitrex, and the only thing that seems to help is strong narcotics.  I don't have time to sleep for two or three days.
1 Responses
332074 tn?1229560525
I know your pain. I too suffer from migraines. I had mine prior to my hysterectomy. I would say yours are from a spinal if you had an epidural. While narcotics are the best option to relieve the pain, but they are not always the best option. I would talk to my doctor and see if he will let you try some of the triptalens (sp). These are usually are taken for prevention at bedtime. They will in no way keep you from getting migraines but they do help to ward some off. The good news is that generally after you have been in menopause for awhile your headaches do tend to back off some. Since I do not know if you are taking an HRT, I would suggest you look into it. I take a shot but I can tell when it is wearing off because I will have a headache that I can not get over. Good luck
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.