Mirena

Hi.. I have had the mirena iud for about 1 year and 1/2. I have almost completely stopped having periods. However, now in between 'my periods' I have random spotting/blood clots. Sometimes with sudden cramping.. Bad cramps and then a little bleeding after or the next morning. Anyone else have this problem?
I want to start off by letting you know I'm not a doctor & every womans body is unique & can react differently to the same thing. I'm 26 & had my Mirena removed last yr after having it for the 4 straight years before. I quit having a period almost instantly after it was inserted but did continue to randomly spot for a few months. Wasn't long before I too had severe cramps that could only be eased with a warm bath. I had NEVER cramped at all in my life before this so I went back to my doc only to find out it was normal. She did recommend laying off the caffeine though, so I did my best to only drink 1 soda a day for the next month in hopes the cramps wouldn't return & they never did!  At least not til I gave myself a kidney infection drinking dark sodas almost a year later but that's irrelevant.i hope you were warned that. Your body is at a higher risk for developing.yeast & other  infections with the Mirena than it was without so if you really feel like something isn't right you should see your gynocologist.  Good Luck & feel free to ask me anything anytim

Don't worry my friend because i'm going through this too so your not along on this