Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members

Missing Period For 6 Months

I have not had a period for 6 months. I am not on birth control or have been for the past year. I have seen a gyn. I had blood work all normal. I had a pap. all normal. I had an ultra sound inner & outer all normal. My gyn. is stumped she has no idea why I have no period this has never been a problem for me since I was 12 I have had a period. Along with not having a period I have hot flashes mildly but my doc. thinks that is due to my prescription I take, I have also gained weight suddenly I look bloated to people they say. I crave sweets uncontroloby. I have severe depression and anxiety I take a prescription for but none of my prescriptions cause loss of periods. So given that I am 23 years old and married this is pretty weird all pregnancy tests negative. I have taken those tests on-line for hormone deficency and it says severe hormone deficency. I don't know if that could cause missing periods but hey I am grasping at straws here since all the doc. are stumped I'm dumbfounded. SO PLEASE HELP I JUST WANT TO BE NORMAL. I am willing to take vitamins be on a special diet just let me know what to do or if there is a special person besides the one's I've seen.

Thank You

Jessica Ewald
56 Responses
My friend has a simular problem and the ob thought it was due to low estrogen
that is all the advice i can offer...Sorry..

The prescription antidepressant & anxiolytics work by altering the cerebral neurotransmitters. That could very likely be the reason for your craving for sweets. I have seen this in a friend who is on Anafranil (Clomipramine) 125 mg/day. It stimulates appetite & that too for sweet foods. That should explain your weight gain to some extent.
Which prescription meds are you taking & in what dosage?
As far as your amenorrhea is concerned, in my opinion is due to Neurochemical/ Hormonal imbalance, caused indirectly by your prescription meds, anxiety, stress & weight gain.

Good Luck.
In regards to what meds I am taking morphine 60mg 2x daily, Effexor xrelease 75mg 1x daily, seroquel 50mg 1x daily, flexeril 10mg 1x at night, dicyclomine 10mg 1 4x daily as needed (for IBS).

Thank you for the comments I have gotten if this info of my meds I take can help anyone think of why I am missing my period I would really appreciate it.

Recap of what is going on I haven't had a period in 6 months, I have seen a gyn, had blood work, ultra sound interior and exterior all results came back normal along with normal pap. I have gained weight suddenly, I crave sweets constantly, I have horrible migraines that used to be every couple days but since I had to quit my job due to not being able to work they have decreased. I would have horrible anxiety attacks now they have lessoned as well I still have severe depression and weeping spells.

One doc has mentioned he believed I had fibermialga due to extreme joint pain but I don't have arthritus. I have imsomnia then I am so fatigued that I am out for a few days to week. I just want to know what I need to do to be normal and to get my life back I will do or take anything.

Any advice would be great. Thank You

Jessica Ewald ***@****
I hope you read my earlier post clearly. Thanks for providing the details of your prescription drugs. I can imagine the social stress you are going through. In your case everything is linked & it
Thank you so much for your advice you have been a light in my dark questioning world I feel helpless and everyone I turn to seems to want to try a whole reigim of meds I guess their theroy is mor meds the merrier but not in my case.

I have been doing some research on homeopathy like taking **** qui it says it can help normalize periods and chaste berry I don't know if you have any herbal knowledge as well as your vast experience and knowledge in the general medical field I would really appreciate it.

Right now I am really tired of shoving bandaids over the booboos I really want to get to the root of problem and fix it but I want to try something.
HI, IM HAVING A PROBLEM, IM 18 YEARS OLD..MY PERIOD IS LATE I WAS SUPPOSE TO HAVE IT @ THE BEGINNING OF JUNE, AND NOW ITS ALREADY JULY I STOPPED TAKING MY PILLS IN MID MAY AND I TOOK ONE TEST IT SHOWED NEGATIVE, SO I WONDER WHAT IS IT, IT NEVER HAPPEND TO ME BEFORE MY PERIOD USUALLY COMES 3 DAYS EARLIER OR LATER, BUT NOW I'M WORRIED OR SHOULDN'T I HELP ME PLEASE
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.