Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.8k Members

Mucus- like Vaginal Discharge

I'm a sixteen year old female who has had brown colored discharge after my period for the past year or so. I've read other articles and they all say this is normal. But this month I already got my period and for some reason I found fresh blood yesterday. I was wondering what was going on because this has never happened to me. My boyfriend and I also had sex the day before yesterday and it hurt more than usual. I was wondering if that could be the cause of the blood. Please help, I'm really confused .
1 Responses
Firstly, brown discharge after your period is normal. You didn't say at what point in your cycle you noticed the fresh blood you have experienced, if this is mid cycle, it could be due to ovulation (egg releasing). Some women may experience mild pains and can also spot a little at ovulation time.
Intercourse shouldn't be painful and is something that should be investigated. If you have only very recently become sexually active, then it may be understandable. Make sure there is enough lubrication before penetration, if you are dry when he enters, it could cause a small tear and make be the reason for a bleed.....and the discomfort.
If you have been sexually active for sometime and the pain is deep inside your pelvis, then it may be worth asking a doctors advise.
Hope this helps
J
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.