Muscle spasms under breast in ribs like charlie horse?

I have muscle spasm in or around the ribs on left sides (in the front under the breast and sometimes in the back at the same horizontal position, but on the right), it feels like a ball rolling. It occurs even at night during sleep, painful enough to wake me up. I only know that when I relax and stretch (the side where the knot/bulging) using several positions I have to wait till it goes away, in many cases to have it returns. It feels like a charlie horse. I think this is the best description for this symptom. I hope this makes sense?? I ask my doctor a couple of months ago about this specific symptom. She send me to get a barium mri scan and it showed me that I had a small umbilical hernia. I had surgery for the umbilical hernia 7 months ago, But this symptom came back again. It happends often? I don't think that this is related to that hernia I had. It has been repaired. Or is it related or something else?? Pain is annoying and now painfull, Need some feedback.
I have these very painful muscle spasms (for the lack of a better way to explain them) that will happen by just reaching for a book or bending over to tie my shoe.  It feels like a knife sticking into me and sometimes brings me to tears.  To stop it  have to hold my arms over my head and strength or push down on the lump that seems to appear.  I have had these for years someone told me it was from being over weight.  Any clue?
It has nothing to do with being over weight I have the same exact trouble in my chest and stomach at times and im 35. 5'3 & 130lbs I've been having my problem for  about 5yrs every since I was diagnosed with kidney failure and started having organ issues I dare not to bend over I'll catch the worst knot in my stomch like all organs are just knoted I wouldn't wish this on a enimie if I had one.
ME TO IF I BEND A CERTAIN WAY, ITS LIKE A CHARLIE HORSE. WILL EASE UP IF I CHANGE POSITIONS OR RAISE HANDS OVER HEAD  I, TALK TO DOC ABOUT IT AND THEY ACT LIKE IM CRAZY.ITS SO HARD TO EXPLAIN HOW IT FEELS. , BUT VERY PAINFUL..
i have the exact same thing as you and until last night after a really bad recurring one i thought i was going insane as dr.said he had never heard of anything like it.these have been happening to me for years now, i used to be better able to avoid them by not twisting or bending or wearing a bra ect. but lately i was just cleaning my teeth and it happened. now a sneeze can make me scream in pain as the lump jumps out and keeps spasming  untill i think i am about to pass out. becomming difficult to work, even my boss thinks i am nuts
Have they checked for gall stones?
i think the pain is too high up to be gall stones and also it can happen on both sides
My wife has similar pain occasionally under her left breast.  We don't know the cause, but a couple of theories we have are dehydration which can cause muscle spasms, as well as posture issues.  She tends to use her laptop in bed for many hours per day.  Do others experiencing this pain sit in a similar way for long periods of time by chance?  Thanks
For many years I have experience a Charlie horse or cramping around breast bone area. First time was around late 70's when I started doing yoga and raising my legs straight up so I stopped doing certain yoga positions. It happens frequently now for no reason or just certain moves. I have told doctors and they don't say much and have not taken this serious but it hurts.