My girlfriend has something wrong

My gf moved up north w me when I decided to move back to MI. We been here about a year. She's 31yrs old
It was about 4months ago my gf was starting to see symptoms where she was tired all the time then her entire body started to hurting she started to loose weight. Soon after that her arms and hands will go numb through out the day. She has been scooped both sides they found a few polyps but test came back they were not cancer, she's had blood work done, nerve ending testing and still have not been able to figure out what it is. She had a muscle biopsy done about 2months ago and still waiting for results. They have put her on Cymbolta 60mg to help with the pain but it don't work cause she hurts all the time. We were looking at getting a second opinion but they said they would have to do all the test over again and we were advised to wait. But I see her getting in worst shape is there anything I can do?
Plant
External User
Hate to say it, but it sounds like Fibromyalgia. It hit me. Only thing that helps is Lyrica & Savella..together. I also found out I had Celiac disease (gluten intolerance). It greatly affects the nerves & immune system.  I live a strict GF diet now. Unfortunately, the fibro NEVER fully goes away. I was 43yrs old when it hit me & never wanted to get out of bed.  It's extremely painful & hurts to be touched.
When it hit did it seem like all the symptoms happened within a week or two?

I'll start looking into savella and lyrica. Sorry to hear about your situation

Thank you
Plant
External User
Yes, It did! I woke up from a deep sleep with pain in my arms & legs. It became body wide as the days and weeks went by.

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community