My mentruation cycle duration is always different every month. Is it normal?

Ever since I had my first period, it's always been unpredictable. Sometimes its after 28 days, sometimes 24, 21, etc. Every month it is different. I'm 19 years old now. I'm sexually active. I missed my period last month (May). I took test last week both urine and blood test. Both are negative. My period is now 18 days late. I'm not experiencing any change in me. Am I pregnant or do I have sickness? My mom actually always notice my neck looking not normal or fat-looking.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Well, it's not unusual to be irregular in the teen years and you always have been, so there is that.  However, if you had unprotected vaginal sex, you risked pregnancy.  Luckily you had a negative test so most likely not pregnant.  Hormones including pms can make us bloated.  Pregnancy doesn't make for a fat looking neck.  :>)  

Periods can be late due to stress, illness, weight gain or weight loss, changes in routine or hormonal imbalance.  
Actually I get paranoid when my period is late. Even if its just 2 or 3 days late. So what I always do is to do excessive exercises (like intense jumping) in order to induce my period. But other than that, I overthink so much. Maybe that's the cause for missed period, you think?
You know, our hormones are in such a sensitive balance.  They are easily messed up.  Just getting out of school and starting summer break, for example, could be a change in routine that messes up your hormones and makes you late.  So, try not to worry.  If you are sexually active, make sure to always use protection!  But you don't sound like you are pregnant here and just late.  Hang in there.
Thank you! You made my feelings calm down :(

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community