My period is 3 weeks late

I always had very exact periods. 7 Months ago I started to have birth control shot that contains Medroxiprogesterone/Estradiol. My period started to be 1 to 2 days longer and come like 2-3 days later than normal. Two months ago i had my shot a day after the lastest day i should have had it and last time when i had the shot was right on time but my period is 3 weeks late.
One week before the last shot and the time my perion should have came i traveled to another continent so when the period started to be like one week late i was not worried cause it happens every time i travell but was never more that 2 weeks.
I had 2 hpt, both negative, and i had no sign i might be pregnant and i think the problem might be the stress and changes due to the trip and having the shot later than i should.
Any opinion will be grately appreciated.
thaks
If your period is three weeks late and the tests show up negative then you are probably not pregnant it could be stress and travelling. However, if you did not ovulate when you normally do you might really only be due for a period this week in which case you might yet show up positive. Retest in a couple of days if you haven't got them or go to the dr and ask for blood tests to confirm/deny. Good luck.
I was on the shot for over 6 years and after about the first three months never had my period, until I discontinued using that form of birth control.  I really wouldn't worry about it.  It is a natural side effect.  It was suggested that I discontinue using the shot after that many years though because even though I take calcium supplements and exercise frequently, not having your period can lead to early stages of osteoperiosis.