Nausea after sex?
Does anyone have nausea after sex or know what it
I am really glad that I was able to find this forum.  It has happened to me 3 times in the past month.  The first time that it happened, I had been sick and just taken medicine.  Right after sex I had really bad cramping in my lower abdomen and about 5 min after the cramping started I vomitted.  I honestly thought it was the medicine that I had taken on an empty stomach.  The second time, I had the cramps and the nausea, but never threw up.  The last time, I had the cramps again and vomitted about 5 min later.  The only thing that I can remember that was common between all three occurences is that I had been in a particular position with my legs in the air for quite a while.  I called my gyn, and she said that "it is often related to the GI tract being irritated.  Try not eating right before sex, and see if that helps."  This is sooo weird because I have never had this problem before.  I hope that it never happens again.  I hope that you all find solutions as well.
I keep finding forums but no will answers.Not even from my doctor! I have been sexually active for 8yrs.This is my third partner and the only guy Ive been sick with.During sex, I start to feel nauseous and we have to stop. I get light headed,terrible cramps, vomitting, chills, I sweat from head to toe...IT IS TERRIBLE!!!and now my bf and I are afraid to have sex because its just that painful.But it only lasts for 5-20 minutes and leaves my body drained and I sleep for hours later. Its happened once in June, once in november, twice in december, a few times in january and now its almost EVERY time we have sex. I have to find a new doctor because this is killing my relationship/sex life...
dear Bridget,
I know that you posted a long time ago, but I just wanted to tell you that your sick feeling after losing your virginity was probably due to anxiety.  Idk what your history is, but I was s.abused when I was little and the first time I had sex I really felt sooo bad I thought I was going to throw up, I ran to the bathroom and stayed there for almost the entire night!  I didn't get sick, but this issue stayed with me for years.  It wasn't until I was married and completely in love and feeling 100% comfortable and safe with my husband that the nasea stopped.  Now I've been married for 7yrs and my husband has put on alot of weight and our marrige has problems.  I don't feel as comfortable or safe with him as I used to, so now the problem has returned.  
Idk if you had the problem recurr, or if it was only after your first time ever.  But it's amazing how sick anxiety that you may not even realize you have makes you feel!  
I had dry sex and 2days after i started feelin sick could i be preg?
I get that feeling immediately after orgasm. It seems to be worse the closer I am to starting my period. Sometimes not only do I feel nausea but I want to shove a butcher knife into my gut and then twist and turn the knife so it doesn't feel funny anymore. It makes me feel disgusting, gross inside and I don't get it. I know it's not mental, it's all physical.
Maybe you have a semen allergy. This just happend to me yesterday with a new boyfriend but I happened with old one whenever we did not use condoms. It also burns really badly in my abdomen. With my new boyfriend I got dizzy, had shortness of breath, heart palpatations and felt like I was going to faint. And no, I was not just swooning from love :) check out this link. Might be helpful.
http://seminalplasmaallergy.org/
This happens to me all the time. Just the next day, I get nauseous and have stomach and abdominal cramps. The stomach cramps are most likely due to rough sex, which shakes up your stomach, upsetting it. The abdominal pain is from the head of the man's penis hitting the cervix which, at the time, doesn't feel bad (you might not even notice it) but it can end up hurting later on. After all, the average cervix is about 4in in, while the average penis is about 5 1/2in. I am 15 years old, use condoms, am not on birth control, and am not pregnant or have any stds.
Hi everyone.

I fount this thread by chance and I am 90 percent sure I know the answer.
The nausea that you are feeling after sex is probably due to the release of endorphins.
The exact same symptoms occur to many athletes and bodybuilders after a High intensity workout.
Both Sex and Exercise release lots of endorphins and there are studies showing that Endorphins are often related to nausea.

I have heard that stopping suddenly makes it worse, so my advice is to stop gradually like a cooldown on the treadmill.
The first time I had sex I was fine  this is my secound time having sex and a day after my stomach feels like I'm goin to throw up or either I have cramps and I'm hoping I'm not pregnant because my bf pulled out before he busted off and it landed on my leg and I'm not sure wat is goin on with mee !!! I'm scared  
I had sex yesterday && 5mins later I felt sick at the stomach can i be pregnant ?? I'm scars PLS HELPP
I have had this problem since I got married and started having sex 6 years ago. I spoke with my doctor and she said for me "I dont know if this applys to anyone else " but it could ether be #1. allergic to his sperm #2. when a women ejaculates and the hormones get mixed together it can cause nausea #3. and also what ST87
I noticed this started happening during my ovulation week. Just started happening maybe 6 months ago. But during that week, if I even think of something that turns me on, I get that huge hormonal rush, then my stomach turns immediately after. I stop & it stops, but it's still annoying. I haven't had sex since this started happening so I know it's all about me & not an allergy or something. I would guess something to do with all the extra hormones during ovulation?
Idk im jus scared cuz im jus nauseas & nothn else.. Am I pregnant? Pliz help me!! Im jus 13 :(
I have the exact same thing! i have an urinary problem currently (nothing major, just have to pee often) and i had sex about 2 hours ago and i feel a little nauceous
Recently me and my best fiend hung out, so idk if he came anywhere near my vagina, but, just yesterday I felt a "morning sickness" type of reaction, so suddenyl I went to the bathroom a few times, I couldn't go #2 but I did throw up whatever I consumed earlier, but now I feel fine by having a mint to soothe my stomach for a while. But as of myself I don't know if I'm pregnant, I hate to go to the doc again after saying I did have sex before when I really didn't and this time it was dry sex(hand job etc) so any tips on how to look into this any further?
I don't think it's the sperm, because I've had it happen with and without condoms :(
This happens to me too, I am in my early 20s and I think I've noticed it off and on ever since I first started having sex. I feel it immediately after sex and usually the next morning too.  I don't orgasm though,, I'll come close but can't actually do it for some reason, so I don't think it's from having orgasms like some people think. I'm thinking I agree with both the endorphin thing and the cervix thing.  When my boyfriend and I have sex it's about 4 or 5 times during the night, and it's pretty rough, and I'm very small, so I'm guessing the more you're doing too probably adds to it since I know only one time doesn't have as much of an effect than when it's 5 time within like 8 hours? I even feel pain in my cervix right now, actually.  I know it's when it's deep that it really makes me feel sick, and i've even had to stop before because I could not even tell if what I was feeling was sickness, pain, or good, it's such a weird feeling.  Then the nausea gets worse.  As everyone else is saying, I also am glad I'm not alone lol because I thought it must just be something weird with me.  It definitely is such a pain isn't it?!
For some reason I justt been feelin sick I did it to my boy friend on Friday an today is Monday bt like if I eat or some it just feels like I'm bout to throw up bt I neva do an I dnt noo wat it is he tld me wen we was doing it that the condom broke. But I dnt beleave I'm pregnant an its to early to noo so idk wat to do
i feel so releived to know im not alone , i get the sick feeling right after an orgasim or the day after sex usually after sex i do throw up , but still left with the feeling i have a uti or something, it puzzles me as i never got this before  im 23 and on prozac and other new medication  wondering if they could be the cause of this new feeling
i have been reading through all these comments and most say about it being sperm and air. I saw one which said even during a dream. Same with me. I wake up in the middle of the night in excruciating pain and feeling really sick with the stomach pains. I have been back and forth to the doctora for the last 8 months and they still don't know what it is. It happens pretty much all the time now even just thinking about sex not necessarily acting on itso it can't be to do with sperm allergy or sex itself. one of my doctors suggested, after i had already been for STI tests, ultrasound (for cysts) that it may be IBS (Irritable bowl syndrome) as the bowl sits right behind the womb. Although after being told this just last week i have been cutting out certain foods and yeah even though some things feel better it may be that i have got IBS but this is most definitely not the cause of the pains. Just last night i wanted to have sex with my boyfriend but then the pains started immediately again. He doesn't want to hurt me so we hardly have sex anymore. Luckily our relationship is still really amazing and isn't affecting us too much. Im afraid that if it carries on much longer it will really start to affect us. Plus i just want it to go away as its the worst feeling and leaves me so tired and achy. Which there was an answer for it but none of the doctors i have seen seem to know anything. Does anyone else bleed a little bit after on occassion too? I am on the depo injection and i have read that that could be affecting it even though it is extremely rare??? does anyone have any answers to get rid of these horrible pains???Im just about to turn 23 and DO NOT want to go through this the rest of my life
Help people please,a month after sexual intercause but still having nausea.email me at ***@****. If you can help me
I'm not having sex, but after masturbattion, a day or so later I either get horriable cramps and have a discharge, or I feel sick. Tonight I feel REALLY sick. I vomited in the bathroom, but I don't understand.. I sometimes throw up when I'm on y period, but it's rare. This is I think the second time I've thrown up the day after doing my thing...
I worry, but I don't know if I should bring it up with anyone but friends, it seems to personal to bring up around my mom, or sister. My dad isn't ever going to be any help, and I'm just looking to see if someones having the same issue, or if someone an give me an answer.. Thankyou!
Email me at, ***@**** if you can privately speak to me! Subject it help, or something.. Idk! Thankyou again. -Maddy
The same thing happens to me. But it only happened twice, and it was the morning after the night we had really rough sex. Id get light headed (to wear I felt like my head was kinda spinning) and kinda nauseas, and have some cramping... and right after sex I have light cramping... I read the answers above, and it cant be the effect the sperm gives me because we always use condoms. Im 18, on the IMPLANON birth control rod, and I have no STD's
Well Im having the same problem but the only difference with me is that I dont have fibroids or cysts, this is not the 1st time its happened to me and a coiple of times I did actually vomit. Im also going on 2 months pregnant so what could be the cause?
I have been having unprotected sex with bf for a while but the last time was wired after I felt faint, burning up and vomited. What is the cause for this I'm not pregnant am I! I have been for sti cheek up n I'm all clear someone help!!!!!... Also all of a sudden look really healthy and glowing. :/. ?????
Wow I thought I was crazy for thinking that the nausea had something to do with sex but maybe it is. My hubby is blessed...we hadn't seen each other for 2 weeks til today and we got a little riff. I got up afterwards, showered and got dressed and went to the drug store and by the time I got there I felt like I would be sick right there. Now it feels like my muscles in my lower belly are quivering. So strange....
This happened to me everytime my boyfriend and I had sex. It didnt happen the first time, when I lost my virginity, but it happened each time after that whether or not we used a condom. It also happened with a two different guys, so i assumed it was me since I was the common factor. However, it didnt happen with the man that became my husband. While we were trying to concieve we found out that his sperm count was low and that the sperm he did have was abnormal. I am not sure if that had anything to do with not causing me to become nauseated and vommit but I think there is something to it. I have been sexually active for ten years and have had partners since. I did have a child and afterward I had the paraguard IUD and with the other men I did not have any nausea or vommiting. I really think the IUD helped.
I had sex with my gf with 2 condoms and i pulled it out before i busted to but now she iznt having her period on her monthly time and is throwing up everymornin
schlaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag
me and my fiance have been having intercourse more often and lately ive been feeling kinda sick afterwards. i was scared i was pregnant but realized it couldnt happen in a day or even hours and im negattive on the tests but ive been feeling nauseated and really tired. ive even tried throwing up and going to the bathroom but it doesnt help. im just relieved other ppl have the same problem and im not crazy! i wish i would just stop happening
Honey WHY are you and your boyfriend TRYING on PURPOSE to get PREG???? Have you graduated High School???? Are you BOTH working if not???? Where are yall living and who is paying the bills???? At 16 I really don't see how YOU BOTH without the help of mom and dad could afford to put a roof over yall's head, put food on yall's table, pay the bills, what about a car and insurance???? NOW after YOU BOTH PAY FOR ALL THAT ON YOUR OWN WITHOUT ANYONE ELSES HELP.....HOW will YOU TWO PAY FOR WITHOUT ANYONE ELSES HELP the prenatal care, the delivery all the baby stuff, the formula, baby food, diapers, baby cloths, doctor vists for baby.....????? What the goverment??? PLEASE TAKE TIME TO BE A KID A TEENAGER....GRADUATE HIGH SCHOOL GO TO COLLEGE OR TECH SCHOOL GET A GOOD EDUCATION BEFORE  YOU HAVE A CHILD. THEY ARE NOT LIKE A DOG OR CAT THAT YOU CAN PUSH ASIDE TO GO PLAY OR WHEN YOU GET TIRED OF THEM. THEY ARE A LIFETIME COMMITTMENT. THEY DON'T GO AWAY. YOU DON'T NEED TO HAVE A CHILD TO SAY YOU LOVE EACH OTHER. THE CHILD DESERVES PARENTS THAT CAN PROVIDE NOT PARENTS WHO WILL HAVE GRANDPARENTS TO PROVIDE. IT ISN'T THE GOVERMENTS JOB , MY TAX DOLLARS JOB NOR YOUR PARENTS JOB TO TAKE CARE OF YOU AND A CHILD. LET YOURSELF HAVE TIME TO GROW UP AND ENJOY LIFE THEN HAVE A BABY MUCH LATER. IF YOU LOVE EACH OTHER THEN ONE DAY MUCH LATER WILL BE OK. ASK AROUND AT THE COST TO LIVE AND THEN THE COST ADDING A CHILD ON TOP OF IT.... THE CHOICE YOU ARE MAKING TRYING TO HAVE A BABY IS A VERY CHILDISH CHOICE AT THE TIME. THE BABY DESERVS BETTER THAN THAT.
I am looking for an answer to this problem. I am 40 years old and I am involved with a man that I haven;t been with in about 10 years.  I met him 15 years ago,and in the beginning of our sexual relationship I actually threw up after he cums inside of me.  That eventually went away.  Now here we are 10 years later and we are rekindling our relationship and we had sex for the first time about 3 days ago and once again I threw up after the most awesome sex ever.  I am looking for some medical explanation to this problem.   I actually ccan't wait to get sick again, if you know what I mean.
Many girls may feel nauseous, tenderness in breast area, light etc. after having sex. If it happens the day or two after, don't think you're pregnant. That's too early for signs of sex. When you have sex your hormones dramatically shift so your body goes through all these changes. For example, when the weather changes, some people may get allergies, because your body isnt use to it. You also may have mood swings, due to the fact you released endorphins as well.

that is all my opinion, im just an 18 year old girl haha.  
im 16 years old and i have been haing sex sence i was 14.. my curent boyfriend and i have been together a little over a year and the last couple of months i have been haveing pains in my lower abdominal area and feeling i was going to throw up, then after sex ii feel the pain in my upper abdominal. im not pregnate amd i have been tested for stds.. help?. i wanna know whats up
nah nothing to do with sperm at all ! i and many others get it after masturbating aswell so carnt be that can it !
Omg, I thought I was the only one.
After having protected sex with my boyfriend,
The morning after I felt a rush of nausea.
I knew I couldnt be pregnant because 1. It was protected & 2. He didn't *** because we lasted like 5 minutes . But I would like to know what this is exactly. P.s. it was also my first time having sex with a guy.
I just had sex recently 3 days ago and i started feeling nauses and still do feel like throwing up but i don't throw up?? whats wrong with me?? kinda scared too cause when he pulled out the condom fell and spilled some got on my vagina and on the back seat and i didn't realize i rubbed on it till i felt it was wet o.O is there a possible chance i may be pregnant???
This one really helped more than a lot. Mine just started all of a sudden,well i don't know if i'm pregnant yet but i know we made love 7days ago (on my ovulation day) and i didn't feel sick that day at all but ever since we made love 2days later and that was when i started feeling sick after sex for the first time and it equally happened yesterday. I don't know  if it means that i've concieved and if i have could the sex be disturbing the developing foetus? I'm realy eager to get answers please.
My wife exhibits nautiousness, light headaches and often pain after sex.  
Yesterday for the first time 4 hours after it was so bad she threw up.   I am 29 she is 26 we are both healthy and have sex maybe twice a month (would be more if she didn't feel like this after).  When we do I am gentle and pay special attention not to hit her cervix, also I do not force anything she initiates.  
We have tried condoms as well as me just going down on her and/or with hand stimulation. Occocially (10%) she only has very mild nausa. I am afraid this will harm our relationship in the long run because even the smell of sex now makes her nausous most times.
I get the feeling it will never go away completely but maybe we can make it better.  

Please help  
Weird I'm feeling the same way, but I was pregnant one time before & I was feeling like i had to throw up.,sometimes i did..  lately I been feeling sick after sex but I'm not pregnant..  I wonder what it could be..  
I felt sick and tired 3day straight?
I'm 6'2" and slightly better endowed than the average man.  Of the few handfulls of women I've been with, only one had cramps.  And, when I would gently massage her lower tummy area (a little above her pubic bone) that would calm her into a low purr, and, end up in a cuddle and then both of us falling asleep :)
Now that I'm more mature, I find that when I warm up my girlfriends, and there's a long cooldown after plenty of foreplay they are more likely to enjoy their time with me with no ill affects.
I have lots of cyst and endometriosis.. Today is the first time I've felt so sick after sex. I feel terrible and I got a little light headed after sex.. I wish I knew why
None of this helps
I feel nauseous today & I had sex yesterday and I was just wondering if the nauseating feeling goes away or if it means that I'm sick ? I'm on the pill and have been for a couple months. I'm just not sure why I feel this way. Any one with helpful answers please , help !
YOU'RE 16 AND TRYING TO HAVE A BABY? YOU'RE A BABY YOURSELF, GROW UP FIRST AND THEN MAYBE IN ABOUT 10 YEARS YOU'LL BE READY TO TAKE ON ANOTHER HUMAN BEING! children these days that are having babies of their own, not acceptable.
im 14 and i just had sex with my boyfriend and i started to feel like vomiting and nauseous but im not pregnant whats up with that
please help :(
If you are 16 why are you trying to get pregnant.  You are too young have fun first, graduate from high school (most places dont like geds anymore my mom is witness to that she cant get a job because people high school dipolmas) You have your whole life ahead of you.  Go to school get an education go to college get a career then house and a car if you dont have one.  Get married and Have fun together as husband and wife.  Dont rush things trust me I did and now i am a divorced mother of a 15 year old who thinks she 40 and no one to help me raise her because i jumped into a relationship too fast and there's alot of woman out there that will tell you the samething so live alitte unless there is some diease that you could die for and you want a kid before that happens. Dont get me wrong I love my child but I think its the best interest of the child to way until you are older and more mature.  A baby is a big responsiblity and can be a handful but also brightens up your life too.
yes why is that i dont know who to ask
Hi, folks,

Since this thread is old and the original participants are no longer taking part, we'll close it now.  If you'd like to ask a question or start a new thread, please click the "Post a Question" button near the top of this page.  Thanks!

Claire
______________________________________________________

******** CLOSED DISCUSSION ********

No more comments, please.
This discussion was closed by the MedHelp Community Moderation team. If you have any questions please contact us
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.