Nearly a 30 year old virgin...

Hi there,

I have an embarrassing problem and wondered if anyone could suggest a cure.

I'm 29 years old and have been married for three years but still a virgin. We'd both like to start a family soon but this is proving to be an impossible fantasy due to the fact that I can't seem to have penetrative sex.

I'm really at my wits end as I feel too ashamed to speak to anyone (other than my husband) about this problem. I suspect that I'm suffering from Vaginismus... all the symptoms appear to mirror what I am going through. The prospect of wearing a tampon sends shivers down my spine, let alone anything else!

I've tried everything from being massaged to the extreme of getting drunk in the hope that I'd feel relaxed enough to have sex.

Please help! I really don't know what else to do and this situation is making me extremely unhappy. To the point that I give up on sex altogether which doesn't make for a healthy relationship.

Many thanks,

XtinaC