Need your opinions - best way to stay fresh & clean

hi all --

just wondering. what advice do you have to keep your nether region as fresh & nice as possible? ie - smelling best, keeping cleanest? I've heard eating pineapple can give you a nice sweet smell -- anyone have any other advice? And please do not say douching because that is not what I'm looking for and I don't believe it to be healthy...

fyi, i already try to cut back on sugar, keep myself very neatly trimmed, etc -- my boyfriend is just returning from being away for 6 weeks and I want our reunion to be perfect.

THANK YOU
Too much washing can actually be counterproductive, irritating, and can actually cause odor due to washing away the normal body protection in that area.  Just wash as you usually would with a gentle cleanser.  

You are right about douching.

Good luck with your reunion.