No period after ovarian cystectomy

Hi.... I wondered if anyone had any advice on the following:

I had an ovarian cystectomy in September 2015 to remove a complex cyst of about 5cm x 5cm. I have been told that my ovary has not been removed and therefore I shouldn't really have any problems with fertility.

I had been taking Cerazette contraceptive pill since I was 21 and I'm now nearly 30, since December 2015 I have not taken Cerazette.

My concern is that I haven't had a period as yet (nearly 2 months on) and I am slightly concerned - historically if I forgot to take my Cerazette or ran out for any longer than 2-3 days then I would have a period albeit light but it would still happen.

I am worried that the cystectomy has upset my cycle or worse affected my fertility - I currently have no children and I have been to see the GP but because I am not in a relationship he is reluctant to refer me for more advanced fertility testing and has only suggested bloods for hormone levels - which I am waiting on the results for.

Any advice on periods post cystectomy would be good - I just don't know whether I need to accept that it has messed up my cycles and that they will regulate again, or if I genuinely need to be concerned about my fertility.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers, Tasha